Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 19 of 58

Out of Character: : Lia would think it is - Page 19 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Dec, 2016 - 5:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 58 pgs.  15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2016 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 19

Getting close to curtain rising. I have to say I'm glad I decided to do this, gave you guys a chance to flesh things out a bit in a free setting.

A few queries:
-I think the answer is no, but is there anyone not a part of the initial group and is answering the call to arms as a freelance agent with little to no prior contact with the others?
-I take it we've largely settled on the local necromancer threat as your main prior experience together? What lengths would the group have gone to eliminate not just the mage, but his tools and research? And on the other hand Onwen (Or for that matter anyone else with an interest), what actions/risks would you have taken to recover any of it relevant to your own pursuits?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2016 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cahleth would have been all about taking any of the necromancer's tools, books, or other artifacts to the local clergy, in hopes that they would know how to dispose of them most appropriately. Any information about a larger network or cult (Letters, references to other individuals in a journal, etc.) he would have reported up the chain to his Harper superiors.

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2016 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Lia smiles as several of the men at the bar eye her and strike up conversations. She converses with them while glancing at her friend's table from time to time. She finishes her wine and grins happily. " Gentleman, I enjoyed the conversation but I must rejoin my friends now. " Smiling at the men again she ambles slowly across the room to the corner table.

She takes a seat in her chair and grins at the group. She waits for a lull in the talking and then speaks. " What did I miss? Is it time to vote yet? ". She waves to the server and orders another wine. " Let's get past this dry business of a name. It's time for some fun. " She takes a drink from the wine that was just placed in front of her. Lia looks at the others with a grin splashed across her face.

Out of Character: : Lia will want to see the necromancer tools and work destroyed. They are a mockery of life itself.

30th Dec, 2016 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 19 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Hmm, that last question may prove to be an issue of debate. I can't speak on behalf of Aeric/Onwen, but Sar'ai would definitely be interested in keeping anything she would think holds magical knowledge. Not so much in pursuit of necromancy, but if there any scrolls, books or the like with spells or rituals, she'd be very firm on wanting to at least copy them into her spell book.
There are several spells considered "Necromancy" that would be very useful for someone like Sar'ai who works from the shadows and mainly uses control magic. Not to mention that most healing and reviving spells that clerics would use are now considered "Necromancy".
To Sar'ai, necromancy only gets to being "Evil" when used for that purpose. Otherwise it is a very legitimate school of magic in her opinion.
Just some food for thought *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 30th Dec, 2016 - 4:49pm

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2016 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cahleth recognize that knowledge is power, and has no issue with information being copied. If the original items, however, possess or emanate some evil, he would want them destroyed.

30th Dec, 2016 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

The Terror says...

Targul has seen both sides of magic, light and dark, and isn't too concerned about the magic itself but rather the wielder. He isn't concerned for what happens to the necromancers tools, notes, or magical items as long as he's had a chance to hit someone or something.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Dec, 2016 - 5:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 19

@Ryanj Not many artifacts owned by a level appropriate necromancer are going to actually emanate an alignment, that's pretty rare unless the item is intelligent or its purpose involves radiating aligned energies (Such as an enchanted item that hallows or unhallows the region it is placed in).

But that doesn't rule out anything found being highly distasteful, and/or extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. For instance you could have picked up a book and found it filled with diagrams and detailed notes on the proper means of eviscerating a corpse for reanimation. While a reasonable second impulse would be to check for information usable for somewhat more palatable purposes, a lot of people would be inclined to throw it in a fire right off. Or for instance, lets say you found a useful wand, that appears to have been crafted from a child's femur.

And then of course there is public perception as Kyr brings up just below. While many would agree with even necromantic knowledge being a tool that is only evil if put to certain uses, many wouldn't care about such semantics given the context you found that knowledge in. Necromancy is more often than not a plague on the people, and is rarely trusted outside of the hands of clergy devoted to good or at least neutral gods. (Note that what the public sees as necromancy and the list of spells in the necromancy school are not quite the same thing) so even if the group doesn't act to destroy everything, it might be best if they didn't tell locals about what if anything was taken.

And don't worry, Targul would've had plenty of chances to hit things. tongue.gif.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Dec, 2016 - 6:11pm

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2016 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 19

Out of Character: : Lia would think it is all tainted. After we defeat the minions of the necromancer and the necromancer himself I can't imagine the horrors we would see there. The event has already happened so it would be good to know who openly took or copies items. If people took things or copied things from an evil being, that would cause suspicion. Lia wouldn't trust anyone who did so. I don't know how the other good or neutral aligned characters feel about it. Necromancy is pretty abhorrent to most of the population of the Forgotten Realms. Falrun, I loved the Foo Fighters name by the way *smile* Targul is very entertaining.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th Dec, 2016 - 6:02pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.