Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 31 of 58

Not particularly common for a human. But Bahamut - Page 31 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Apr, 2017 - 10:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 58 pgs.  27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2017 - 3:03pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 31

Thank you very much for all of the help Daishain. I made quite a few more edits, including specifics on Calimshan, Berdusk, the Could Peaks, Randall being missing vs dead, etc. I also found a good interactive map of Faerun so that really helps picture where we are.

You're right, there were lots of odd phrasings and typos in there so I did what I could. Lots of editing and the fact that writing is not my strong suite leads to that, I suppose.

I decided to purchase a Healer's Kit and the Gauntlets of Ogre Strength and have started tracking my gold on my character sheet. (Not exactly sure how Velon found these, especially if he has yet to engage in the Greenest battle.)

Are the cavalry that captured Velon dragonkin, or another faction in Greenest?

Yes I'm a big fan of green flame blade in theory, but have yet to use it with any characters. (The warlock in my current campaign tried to 'give it to me' (Spare you the details), but I'm a duel wielding fighter swinging three times per turn so giving up all of that for one cantrip cast doesn't make much sense.) Eager to use it now and it's a great fit with all of the other fire abilities of the sorcerer.

Oh, and I fixed the character description. I had made some edits to lots of things yesterday that I may have forgotten to save… oops!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2017 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

it happens

The army attacking greenest, including the cavalry that got you, is mixed. But most of them are dragonkin of one stripe or another. Mostly kobolds and dragonborn, with nonintelligent drakes serving as beasts of war. Your soon to be partners are aware of at least one half dragon.

As to the gauntlets, you might've found them in another encounter, or perhaps a windfall let you barter for them with a passing merchant. It is not ultimately important unless you want it to be.

All right, character is set as active, I'll put something in the main thread for you to react to shortly.

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2017 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Excellent, thanks for including me in all of this. Very much appreciated and looking forward to fun with the group!

Sounds good on the gauntlets. I'll just picture it as him getting lucky looting after an encounter as he approached Greenest, part of that luck including getting his hands on the first significant coin of his life.

PS Only other thing I forgot to mention on the last post was that I was thinking the dragon spoke telepathically to synergize with me inheriting the message cantrip from him (Or the Lock's Awakened Mind if I had gone that route.) Doesn't really matter, just flavor either way.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 31 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, I forgot one potentially important character decision. I was just thinking about Velon's current AC without armor and realized it's 13 due to Draconic Resilience, which reminded me of the other text regarding dragon scales ("Parts of your skin are covered by a thin sheen of dragon-like scales").

Now that I've entered the game I, of course, don't plan to change anything about my character that doesn't occur in game, but do you think Velon should have some visible scales (I'm thinking on his neck, chest, etc.) since the book says so? Not sure how different factions of NPC's would react but it may add flavor or alter character reactions to him.

Thanks!

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I generally imagine the scales being most present and visible along the more vulnerable parts of the body. Along the spine, the upper section of the torso, major joints, etc. Most of those places aren't visible while wearing a full set of clothing.

It has been established that bloodline attributes are different for everyone manifesting them, so I'd say it is largely up to you how obvious those scales are for Velon

Since the dragonblood was a recently awakened gift, you can even say that most of the scales are still growing in if you find that more appropriate.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Apr, 2017 - 1:42am

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Awesome, thanks for the input. I was thinking similarly and like the idea of the scales protecting vulnerable parts, which is where the AC bump comes from.

I'm going to say that he has thin scales along his spine, around the kidneys, around the insides of his upper legs protecting major arteries, etc. The most noticeable would be scales creeping up his neck a bit, potentially visible when not covered by parts of his armor, a high collar, or a scarf.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 31

Daishain, I was starting to wonder as Velon is introduced to other characters… How common is a devotion to Bahamut for a human such as him? Would this be something one is usually open about in this region, or something he might keep quiet about? He could claim his devotion or Randall's gone if asked about his faith, if necessary. Any general thoughts on this would be helpful, thanks!

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2017 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 31

Not particularly common for a human. But Bahamut is both well known and liked, not least for the good works often done by his children. There'd be little significant reason to hide it.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.