Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 5 of 58

Actually, I split the points between Strength - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Dec, 2016 - 8:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 5

So, new to the site. I posted interest in a different thread that I think is for the same game a few days back and now I'm here.
I had raised the idea of a shadow monk/arcane trickster multiclass. The concept was not so much a thief who discovered monkish talents or a monk who turned to a life of crime, but an infiltrator type with mystic talents that mechanically straddles the line between the two classes. So on paper, he's going back and forth between classes, but in the narrative, he's on a single path. If that makes sense.
Anyway, if there's still a space open, I'd love to introduce Zunadae the spy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes, it is the same game, and yes spaces are still open.

So far as I'm concerned, the mechanics of the class system is there to support and give structure to your roleplay, not the other way around. So yes, a ki enabled spy that follows a path quite unlike the typical rogue or monk is entirely kosher with me.

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Well, in the spirit of my character, I will roll those dice for Hit Points. And off we go…

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Here is the back story for my Monk. I am still working on the rest. Should have it complete here soon.

Cratol was at the monastery as long as he can remember. The elders had said they found him outside their door one summer morning crying out abandoned. They have no idea who left him or why. They do not know if they are coming back for him. But after ten years he figured they were not coming back for him or they have forgotten about him.
It was during this year his tenth of life that the Orcs attacked the monastery. After the fighting died out and the silence was all he had heard for many hours Cratol climbed out of the hidey hole he was in. The monks were about but a lot fewer were there and the buildings suffered a lot of damage. The elders told of the horde that was pushed aside that day and how they would probably leave them alone for some time due to the numbers that were killed. Cratol helped drag the bodies of the orcs and fallen monks out and away from the monastery wall where the monks were given a proper funeral pyre and the orcs dumped off a nearby cliff to rot at the bottom. Cratol found the one monk who had taken him under his wing and was training him in the ways of the Ki laying in a back part of a store building minus his head. Cratol swore to himself that day he would complete his training and then seak revenge for his mentor’s death.
Eight more years passed and Cratol was proficient with the styles of fighting that he had worked on since the age of six. He was overheard one morning while attacking a large stuffed dummy of how he was going to kill the orcs and slay them all for what they had done. When questioned by the elders Cratol admitted that there was a dark spot in his heart where orcs were concerned. He would not or could not forgive them for what they had done eight years earlier. The elders decided that Cratol should go out in the world and seek his own way. Their words were as thus. “Young Cratol you have learned our ways but now with the hate blinding your eyes and clouding your thinking you should go forth into the word and learn to reopen your eyes and your mind. Once you have done this come back to us and tell us all that you have learned.”
Cratol bowed to their superior knowledge and vowed that once he had fulfilled their wishes he would return. That night he packed his things. He spent extra time in the temple seeking to further understand what life had in store for him but received no answers. The next morning after a good break of his fast he bowed good bye to the elders and his friends and set upon the open road.

Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Good luck Paul. I always take the average. I don't trust my luck that much. The one game on here that I rolled my stats etc instead of point buy my character is almost useless. It is fitting for him with his personality flaw. He sounds like he will be a very interesting character. Barbarians can be fun.

20th Dec, 2016 - 6:04am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

(I will be editing and updating this post within the next 24 hours, but I felt I could still post what I have so fair. I feel that I have done most everything correctly.)
--

Geoffroy Charney
Class: Cleric level 4
Specialization: Light Domain
Background: Knight
Race: Human
Ethnicity: Chondalhans
Alignment: Neutral Good

A tall, strong young man with an tawny, athletic build. He has light brown hair cropped a little above the neck with his bangs fall just slightly in front of his green eyes. Often with a smile of his face and holding himself with a warm and encouraging confidence, Geoffroy is charming and amiable demeanor unless upset or sees that which he disapproves of.

Has learned and often makes use of his education, that of etiquette and statecraft as well history or lineage afforded to him by his noble birth. A devote follower of Lathander, with a love of music and song who enjoys playing upon his finely crafted dulcimer. He sees each journey as a new beginning, that each dawn can offer something new and the chance to try again.

One who learned the training of a knight, yet because of a dream he joined the priesthood of Lathander's before later being numbered among his Morninglords. Through dedication and discipline Geoffroy found a balance between his priestly duties and his skill in battle into a more complex whole.

Personality: Optimistic and determined by nature, he refuses to allow grim events or dark thoughts to cloud his mind for long nor will be he swayed from his beliefs no matter the challenges before him. His kindness and generosity earns him the respect of the common folk and his warmth draws others to him.

Ideals: Nothing shall shake his faith in Lathander, his will guides my actions and as long as he stay true to his god he will not be lead astray. His family name shall be honored, as to it he believes it is his duty to proteet and eare for less fortunate then himself.

Bond: Geoffroy cares deeply for his family, though especially treasures his younger sister who is five years younger. When he joined the priesthood of Lathander, he promised to return and take her with him once she was older. She gave him a special token of their bond, in remembrance, so as to not forgot his words.

Flaws: He far too often speaks his mind, especially when angered, when it may be better to hold his tongue. When Geoffroy see another prey upon the heart and emotion of another, especially a young woman, he think of his sister and cannot help but get involved. Often, he can find himself too trusting of others and can leave himself open to be betrayed. He can show a stubborn streak, especially when it comes to what he believes in, and because of such may not be able to see something from another perspective.

Bonus Magical Ability: With but a wave of his hand, his clothes instantly become clean if dirtied or splattered with blood and stays dry to the touch even if he had fallen into water or had just gotten out of the rain.
Feat: Heavily Armored, Skilled
HP: 28, AC: 17, Speed: 30
Skill Proficiencies: History, Insight, Healing, Persuasion (Expertise), Religion, Performance (String)
Languages: Common, Elvish, Dwarven
Weapon Proficiencies: Simple, Melee
Armor Proficiencies: Light, Medium, Heavy, Shields
Tools: Musical Instrument (Dulcimer)
Equipment: A backpack (5 lbs), bedroll rolls x4 (28 lbs), blankets x4 (12 lbs), a set of fine clothes (6 lbs), two sets of traveler's clothes (8 lbs), 5 sticks of incense, vestments, a healer's kit x2 (6 lbs), climber's kit (12 lbs), a signet ring, a scroll of pedigree, a bottle of ink, an ink pen, holy symbol/amulet (1 lbs), prayer book, scriptures, flask of holy water (1 lb), a journal (5 lbs), dulcimer, mess kits x4 (4 lbs), a steel mirror, a pouch (1 lb), rations for 4 people for 6 days (38 lbs), silk rope 50 ft (5 lbs), a two person tent x2 (40 lbs), tinderbox x2 (2 lbs), torches x6 (6 lbs), sheets of paper x5, waterskins x 4 (20 lbs), and a purse containing 30 gp.

Weapons: Morningstar (4 lbs), mace (4 lbs), light crossbow with 20 bolts (5 ½ lbs).
Armour: Splint mail (60 lbs), shield (6 lbs).
Squire: Scale mail (45 lbs), morningstar (4 lbs), mace (4 lbs), shield (6 lbs)
Mount: Riding horse

Strength: 14 (+2)
Dexterity: 9 (-1)
Con: 14 (+2)
Int: 10 (+0)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 15 (+2)

Weapons
Melee: Morningstar +4 1d8 piercing, mace +4 1d6 bludgeoning
Ranged: Crossbow, light +4 1d8 piercing

Spells
Cantrips: Light, Guidance, Sacred Flame, Spare the Dying, Thaumaturgy
1st Level: Bless, Command, Cure Wounds, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Calm Emotions, Prayer of Healing, Continual Flame
Domain Spells: Burning Hands, Faerie Fire, Flaming Sphere, Scorching Ray.

Retainers: Geoffroy has the service of three retainers loyal to his family. One of these retainers is a noble who serves as his squire, aiding him in exchange for training on his or her own path to knighthood. His two remaining retainers includes a groom to care for his horse and a servant who polishes his armor and even helps his put it on. His retainers can perform mundane tasks for him but, apart from his squire, they do not fight for him. They will not follow him into obviously dangerous areas, and will leave if they are frequently endangered or abused.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 20th Dec, 2016 - 1:29pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Dec, 2016 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 5

In regards to the adventurer band, for now make sure to at least indicate at the end of your character history whether or not you wanted to be a part of it. You can work out further details regarding that part as things progress.

If you guys want to go ahead and start discussing your band, go right ahead

Aericsteele, Onwen Brecht, L4 Human Necromancer Wizard
I like it. But stats are a bit off. Working with standard human correct? First off, your 4th level ability score increase grants 2 points, not just one. Secondly, just as a suggestion on efficiency, if you apply those two points to your more expensive stats, such as one each to Int and Wisdom, you’ll have more room to spread out. For example, an array of 10/14/14/16/14/14 is possible that way, or if you wanted to be a little more focused on your main casting stat, 9/14/12/18/14/14 can also be done. (For anyone jealous of either set, he’s giving up on feats and all those cool racial abilities others have for that)

Brandonfett, Sarai Tzzerit, half drow Rogue/Wizard
Need to see more in the way of stats to comment more. But for now, are you using the standard half elf entry? The Sword Coast Adventurer’s guide has some additional options if you wanted to bring a little more Drow heritage in.

DragonMonkey, Zunadae, Wood Elf Rogue/Monk
Again need to see more in the way of stats to comment more. For now, while your comments on where his training came from is interesting, your history and character description needs to give a glimpse into who he is as a person and how he came to be that way.

Falrun, Targul, Half-orc Champion fighter
Stats are just a little bit off, did you apply your +2 Ability score increase to Strength? If so you’re low one point. If not you’re high one point. If I might make a suggestion, picking the Heavy Armor Master feat instead of the normal ASI would increase strength by one as needed for the 18 Strength, in addition to giving you a mild reduction to incoming physical damage.

Kntoran, Cratol, Human Monk
Excellent story, no more comments for now

Kyrroeth, Lia Galanodel, Wood Elf Life Cleric
Excellent tale. Don’t forget that unlike previous editions you do get to add your dexterity bonus to the damage of your longbow. Without spending much more money, you could improve your AC by 1 point if you swapped over to scale mail, just saying. If you don’t want the disadvantage to stealth, I understand.

RyanJ, Cahleth, Human Hunter Ranger
I’m guessing based on languages that you picked Orcs and Goblins as your humanoid favored enemies? Might want to note that down. You likewise need to pick a favored terrain type. I’m also guessing that you picked up two languages from your background instead of any tool proficiencies. What background feature did you select? Please list out your saves somewhere for reference. In most cases they’re equal to your ability modifier. For your proficient saves (Strength and Dexterity in your case), add your proficiency bonus as well. P.S. I mentioned the Prestidigitation cantrip as a guideline for how useful the bonus thing can be, you don’t have to literally copy from it.

PaulNelson, Pol son of nels, Human Barbarian
AC should be higher, 10+3Dex+3Con+2shield=18. What subclass did you choose? I would like to see a little more of his tale and who he is as a person.

Thomaslee, Geoffrey Charney, Human Light Cleric
Looks like you haven't picked up on how proficiency works. It is basically replacing both BAB and skill ranks. So your attack modifiers for your weapons would be +4. You can go ahead and put your domain spells in with the rest, just make sure to recall they're always there and don't need to be prepared like the rest. It looks like your stats are well over the mark one way or another, how did you reach those marks? When you get a chance, get some details for your retainers/squire going. You'll also want to decide how they'll interact with you in the story to some degree. I need to decide what stats to use for said squire, as such is not exactly spelt out.

Hoo boy, that was… interesting to run through all at once. Good night folks.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Dec, 2016 - 7:06am

20th Dec, 2016 - 8:07am / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

The Terror says...

Actually, I split the points between Strength and Constitution. But, I like your idea better and will change to that, using the Heavy Armor Master feat.

Thanks for the suggestion.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (58) »

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.