Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 42 of 58

Trigger, yes. But I'm not going to - Page 42 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Oct, 2017 - 3:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 58 pgs.  38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2017 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 42

Okay. Revised character up and ready for Dungeon Master approval!
Kyyroeth - Canadian are thinkers, not doers, maybe?
ChristianD - We'll have fireworks going off, in among all the bad guys, and MM any that survive that conflagration! Also, wanna swap homework and spells, when you survive?
Abnninja - Oh, please don't let anyone die! We need all the playmates we can get! biggrin.gif.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2017 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, couple of notes:

-I'll need to see your saving throw totals listed somewhere. In some cases, I'll make a throw on your character's behalf, so having that info available for quick reference is good.

-It would also be a good idea to add up your proficient skills for your own reference.

-You picked up the Spell Sniper feat, but appear to have zero cantrips that benefit from it, Shocking Grasp is touch range only. You can use the feat with things like your Scorching Ray, but as you can't spam those… Your choice, just voicing thoughts on this one.

-Related to the above, without getting into melee range, you don't seem to have an option for engaging in general battle when spending a spell slot is not the best idea. This game features some long adventuring days. A ranged offensive cantrip, or even just a light crossbow, may be a good idea.

-You mention short resting in the morning to recover the slot used for Mage Armor. This is legal, but bear in mind that Arcane Recovery can only be used once a day, and can recover more than one spell slot at your level, so it is a bit of a waste to use it up right away.

-For Description, good detail on general behavior, but you could add a bit more on actual appearance. What does this guy look like, how does he dress, any scars, tattoos, etc?

-Any gold leftover after purchases needs to be noted down somewhere.

-I suggest making brief notes on your class features and feats down in the character Stats section for quick reference. But that's more of a matter of convenience.

-Also as a matter of convenience, I suggest coming up with a listing of prepared spells as your default, and let me know about any deviations from that list when prepping spells in the morning.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Oct, 2017 - 8:16pm

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2017 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Based on your input, I've made the changes you'll see on the sheet. I've gone with the Fire Bolt spell as the regular ranged attack (2d10 at 240 feet!). Since the character now has the Ring, I've changed the nightly procedure to allow for Mage Armour when I need it, using the Blade Ward to activate the daily Ward. The prepared spells are embedded in the Spell list with asterisks denoting the regular prepped ones - did you want them in the Stats section instead?

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2017 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 42 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ah, missed the * qualifier, that setup is fine.

Blade Ward is ineligible for activating Arcane Ward, you need to use a level 1 or higher abjuration spell.

But in any case, I'm setting your character status to active.

All of major import that remains is how to introduce your man. I have a few ideas, but I gather you would prefer to let that sit until Monday?

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2017 - 10:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Damn, I forgot that part. First 5e Wizard I've played *smile* Would casting such a spell from the Ring count towards activating the Ward, or does it need to be from my own mind?
As far as introductions go, I guess it'd mostly depend upon where the party ends up in the aftermath. We can certainly deal with it Monday, once I've balanced my Alpha waves with some lake time *smile*.

Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2017 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The ring stores a completed spell, and the user merely triggers the item to release it afterwards, which is why even a completely magicless character can use the thing. I have to say that storing the mage armor within could trigger Arcane Ward, but not the subsequent release.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Oct, 2017 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 42

The Alarm spell, performed as a ritual, should trigger the Ward, correct? Daily habits should be to set Alarms both at night and once at least in the morning, if this works.

Post Date: 10th Oct, 2017 - 3:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 42

Trigger, yes.

But I'm not going to let a spell cast as a ritual recharge it. Sorry, I just have this thing about imposing limits on bypassing costs. tongue.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.