Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 10 of 58

I've added in all the skills and saving - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 58 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Dec, 2016 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 10

The short answer is, it will vary.

Thomaslee and Ryanj are correct, while Drow are not exactly accepted, the people have heard tales of drow heroism and redemption alongside of the stories of their evil. Which the common person thinks of first is going to depend a lot on how you present yourself.

In the middle of a band of adventurers who can vouch for you, you'll attract some attention and suspicion, but likely won't have to deal with discrimination or outright hostility.

If you find yourself on your own though, things get a little more interesting.

The big problem is simple ignorance and fools who believe gossip. Most people have never seen a real Drow, and much of what they know of them is outlandish rumor. Of course, this also works in your favor, as most people you'll really want to disguise yourself from are expecting something a step up from some shadowy monster. Simple changes to a few of the more obvious details, and it should be enough. Since presumably you'd have done that sort of thing often before, I wouldn't even make you roll a check for that level of disguise assuming you have what you need.

On the other hand, those most likely to see through such a simple disguise (Those who've actually dealt with the drow before), are also those most likely to have a real grudge with them, so don't assume you're safe, at least not without putting more effort into your camouflage.

Does that seem fair?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Dec, 2016 - 11:55pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I am good with the back story. How ever Cratol is not a agent of the harpers but he is willing to help his fellow adventures in doing their work.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Right then. All nine of the current characters have been set to active. You should be able to edit your character sheets freely now. There might be a discrepancy or two left over, but it will be easier to check when the information is all in one place.

I'd still like to see some more in the way of history/behavior detail from some of you, but I'll let you work on that as time allows. Hint, if you can't see the guy in your head (As a moving, talking, person rather than just a picture), and don't have some idea of what he'll do in relatively common situations, solely based on what you have written down, you might need to work on it a bit more. If anyone needs any assistance or guidance for that effort by all means ask.

Also, I like to try to tie characters into the story in a personal manner where I can. For instance, a tiefling in another game recently found herself in the position of bargaining with the devil that tainted her great grandfather's bloodline. I make absolutely no guarantees about whether, what, or where, but any unresolved business your character has just might come up in the course of play. But I do need material to work with in that regard to begin with.

P.S. If anyone is having trouble with understanding how particular 5E mechanics work, by all means, post up in the Q&A/support thread. I'm here to help with that as well.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 5:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I believe I have made the required updates, including one healing potion, and his primary weapon to be silvered. That should still leave him with decent funds for the moment. After our next big score he will look into buying something magical to wield (Unless we find something along the way). He is leery on buying from less-reputable merchants.

As for character hooks, I can roll with anything that might help the Dungeon Master. If it would help for him to actively seek revenge on the Stone Bears, I can do that. Or if you wish to introduce something, have him meet a Stone Bear he can challenge, and from that encounter learn something that becomes a hook. Perhaps the Stone Bears attacked for a purpose other than simple inter-clan warfare. Maybe they were paid to attack the Snow Leopards. Or he could learn of another Snow Leopard that was taken away in the raid, and he will feel compelled to find and liberate him/her (If he/she even wants to be 'liberated'). Or if there is some McGuffin the Dungeon Master wishes found or hidden, I am always willing to help the story along. I have played most every plot hook in the book over the decades of my gaming, and find most fun. If you wish to get in touch with me off-line to discuss something, let me know.

22nd Dec, 2016 - 5:40am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Now this can be merely a first draft of sorts, and edits or changes can be made, but for now I think this is good to post here for review. The bits involving the party are very sparse and I am open for suggestions on how to expand or alter this later section.

I also do believe there is at least a fair few things the Dungeon Master could use to weave into as details in the campaign but I am not sure if everything would fit.
-

When young, Geoffroy had a certain arrogance common among many noble youth and rebellious streak that over time needed to be worked out, first by the private teacher hired by his parents and later the guardsman who trained him how to fight as he learned patience and humility. Though it was through certain chance encounters in the garden with the court priest, a cleric of Lathander of which his parents and household offered their faith through. It was because of this man so much his senior that and the support he would offer that the young noble would go from wanting to be a knight to joining the clergy.

Still, despite his follies of youth there was certain things Geoffroy held close to his heart, that of his family. His father, a minor noble and officer who so often was away because of matters of statecraft or war even though they did not in truth always see eye to eye. There was his mother, a soft spoken yet domineering women who kept the household, staff, and servants in check while keeping things in order. He was not as close to her as he would like but still try greatly to show her respect though they often argued when young. There was his older brother, of whom he did not spend as much time with, being sent off to extensive schooling to follow in father's footsteps.

Yet, it was his younger sister Geoffory held most dear. She being four years younger then he was and the two spending much free time together. It was because of her that he would begin seeking to improve himself and become better, wanting to be a role model he knew she so often saw him ask. Elyria was her name and as they two became older there bond would grew, as often it was left to Geoffory to keep on eye on her and keep her busy when the two were not focused on their studies and he on his training as a knight. It was even at her request that he continued to meet with the court priest.

The more he studied and learned under Father Amuary, the more he considered and prayer in changing his path. Moving away from his hot headed young knight to a more calm and quiet young priest who would eventually be given the offer to young Morninglord devote to Lathander, to have his faith and will strengthen in preparation of all he might face. Yet, he still was able to gain the title of night, despite his changing focus, as well gaining retainers and a very soft spoken young squire who came to him seeking to train under him.

Agreeing to such, Geoffroy, his squire, and his servants would begin preparations of travel though before leaving he would say goodbye to his parents, and in private speak with his sister Elyria who gave her brother a token to keep him safe, a braid of cloth woven to hold within the symbol of Lathander as his holy symbol, though it was for that of sisterly respect and affection. Kissing her forehead, he left not knowing their parting was not quite as final as he would originally believe.

It was not until after they had long left his home behind, that Geoffroy learned a secret his sister had hoped to keep from him. Of which she was the squire he had taken on much to his upset on learning the truth. Yet on her pleading, and seeing for himself that she actually had potential as a knight, that he agreed not to send her home. Still, it took quite some time for him to become comfortable with this truth and for his other retainers not to take Elyria home. Still, he did write to his parents to explain what had happened, so they would not fear the worst. His father was accepting, but their mother was furious and tried demanding they return though they decided not to.

It was not long that Geoffroy, his retainers, and Elyria his squire would meet up with a certain Harper agent as well as others. Forming a companionship over many adventures, though he and his sistersat first did not reveal their relation but it would not take too long for at least some of the party to suspect and for it to come out in the open.

One half drow by the name Sarai Tzzerit, of which Geoffroy was uncertain of when first learning of her mixed blood. Yet given how he and his sister had first hidden something, he was willing to give the trust needed for the two came be comfortable with each other. There was also Lia Galanodei, of which he'd taken interest in and become friendly with. Probably one of the first he befriended, as both shared an application on beauty and of which he showed off his skill with music and song. Zunadae was an interesting case, as he did not really gain as strong a bond with him though the Morninglord would still fight and heal him though there was not as much he'd know of the wood elf.

There was the others, and in general the cleric and his retainers would find perhaps something of second family even if there was a few Geoffroy would fully trust and one at least he might come in conflict with if he learns the truth of how he wished to use his magic. Necromancy and bringing back those who had died being in different ways not in tone with Lathander's teachings. The god's scriptures explaining the importance of celebrating birth while also accepting death,. So with this such necromancy, often abused for evil or used in ways that harm others, even if used in ways not can often cast a shadow upon one's soul.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 1:59pm

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In regards to Geoffroy's sister/squire. What kind of training are you giving her? I'll be working up my own stat block, but you'll have a chance to influence its focus.

Note that while she will be able to work with you in combat, essentially following your directions, she will be noticeably more vulnerable than the rest of the party. I suggest a good deal of caution, in some respects, she is just as much a vulnerability as an asset.

For the most part, her character is yours to work and interact with. I will only take over that NPC in unusual circumstances.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:16pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 10

The Quiet Shadow says...

She would have been trained in the use of different weapons and armour like Geoffroy, though she is perhaps not yet be to the point where she can use heavy armour, as well taking care of his horse and helping him with his armour. As you can see with her equipment, she is actually setup to use the same weapons he does. She is also being taught both combat and scripture, with her participate in morning prayer with him as well sparring and practice.

Admittedly, it will likely be because of her vulnerability in battle that he will often try to have Elyria sit out of a battle if he feels the danger is too great. This will be to her frustration and annoyance when he makes this decision though she normally tries to keep such to herself out of respect for her brother, or at least wait until they can talk in private. This may actually lead to disagreement though I will still try to show they have a close bond despite such.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:31pm

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

I've added in all the skills and saving throws as you asked. With the UA Ranger build, you don't chose a terrain type as you do with the PHB version. The "Natural Explorer" ability simply takes effect when you are "In the natural world." I assume this to mean outside of any town or settlement, and not in a different plane.

Also, for Favored Enemy, I simply chose humanoid. All of the options (Beasts, fey, etc.) are rather broad and encompass a wide range of creatures. Do you prefer me to narrow it down to something like goblinoids? Humanoid does include all such things as goblins, orcs, kobolds, and obviously humans.

When building my character, I was thinking more on the human side of things. He'd be exceptional at taking down cult members, corrupt officials, tyrants, etc.

Let me know what you think. Thanks!

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.