Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 11 of 58

I believe it was originally suggested by another - Page 11 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 4:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 58 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:35pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 11

@Thomaslee, good to know, I'll work that in. Assuming she does survive, she'll eventually complete her training. We'll need to work out what to do with her at that point. The usual "And off he goes, seeking his own path to knightly honor" doesn't make quite as much sense here.

@RyanJ You're good to go. I'm still more familiar with the original ranger, the revised version is less restrictive in some regards. Aside from the original picking a specific favored terrain, with the original favored enemy: humanoid had to be narrowed down to two specific races. I have to say, with the removal of the latter restriction, humanoid becomes a really good choice, its pretty much guaranteed to be useful in every campaign.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:41pm

Sponsored Links:
22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Alright, I do believe Sar'ai's character sheet is complete. I did go ahead and purchase a spell scroll (Detect magic) and then spent the necessary gold requirements (50gp) to copy it into my spell book, as well as a healers kit and 1 potion of healing. Which leaves me with just a little more than 73gp.

Until we get ready to move forward, the half-drow is sitting at table in a corner of tavern in Waterdeep, Elanna sits up on a rafter just above the table. She has disguised herself to appear more aged and has a black cloth tied around her eyes. The edges of scars just barely can be seen jutting out both the top and bottom of the cloth on her faces indicating that she has probably had some significant damage done to her eyes.
On the table in front of her are three coins; a gold piece, a silver piece and a copper piece. As patrons pass by or even approach, Sar'ai will try to entice them into a wager saying that she is blind and if they'd like to press their luck, for a mere 3 gold coins they can pick up any of the coins on the table and she will guess which they chose. They are allowed to pick up all three and inspect them, mix them around as to not think that Sar'ai just know the location of each coin, or even just point to one. If Sar'ai is correct, the three gold is hers. If she is wrong, they will be paid three gold. It's that simple.
(What's really happening is that she is looking and listening through the eyes and ears of her owl up in the rafters of the tavern to discern which coin anyone chooses. She will usually let a couple of people "Win" just keep up the game, but she definitely wins more then the players. If anyone questions her "Blindness" she reveals her eyes which are all but gouged out and explains, "Orcs are a savage lot… " then smiles…).

This was also meant to give everyone a bit more understanding as to the nature of Sar'ai and how she may condone herself on a pretty regular basis.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:50pm

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Nice, we are however starting things off on the other end of the Storm Coast, in the city of Baldur's Gate. Plenty of Taverns there as well of course. If you want to go for a famous one, the mildly haunted Elfsong Inn is a traditional location tongue.gif.

22nd Dec, 2016 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 11 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Terror says...

I believe that Targul's character sheet is ready, too. I've added the Heavy Armor Expert feat and purchased an additional great axe coated in silver. It just wouldn't be right for Targul to use a silvered great axe on a regular basis. People might start to think he was going soft, or something.

That leaves him with about 50gp to spend at the bar.

22nd Dec, 2016 - 3:02pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I will start adding all the details I have to Geoffroy's character sheet when I can throughout the day.

Alsi, no one as any thoughts or critique on his Character History? I am up to making changes of others feel change could or should e made, or at least mprovements.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 3:05pm

22nd Dec, 2016 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Oh, ok. Baldur's Gate then. (Laugh)
Sar'ai just keeps moving south. She started in Neverwinter, then spent some time in Watersdeep and now Baldir's Gate. I mean, it does fit with her "Not staying in one place too long" theme *smile*

Also, quick question for the group; why all the silvered weapons? Do we anticipate a large lycanthrope contingency?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Dec, 2016 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 11

The Quiet Shadow says...

I believe the silvered weapons is more for flavor, something to set the group apart from others. I'll see if I have the extra gold to silver Geoffroy's morningstar.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 4:13pm

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 11

I believe it was originally suggested by another player as a relatively cheap means to bypass one of the more common types of damage resistances/immunities.

It is a reasonable precaution to take for people like yourselves likely to encounter hostile exotic beings. But I can make no guarantees about how often such will come in handy.

It would indeed also serve to set your group apart if you want to take it in that direction.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 4:48pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.