Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 13 of 58

Names for our adventuring group… The Silver - Page 13 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Dec, 2016 - 10:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 58 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 13

Lia, just reread your backstory. Interesting contrast between her and Z, in that she's left as almost a protest and he's left out of a sense of duty. I don't think he would have an issue with her. He gets it. Plus, he's a young man and she's a pretty girl. That'll allow him to ignore all kinds of philosophical disagreements. He has both a beggar's outfit and a courtier's, so it's even possible they met when he was playing a part.

Sar'ai, I think it's going to be fun. I had him meet her in Water deep to give them some time to get acquainted, so.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2016 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

@brandonfett. A mix of the twain. Mild spoilers here, but this will all be rehashed in the very first main thread post I plan to make anyways so…

They sent out specific invites to people they knew they could count on, such as the main group I'm having you guys form. Delivered by reasonably normal couriers I'm afraid rather than Samuel L Jackson in an eyepatch.

They also posted notice in public places and had the town criers spread the word, so anyone in the Baldur's Gate region had a reasonable chance to find out about the contract.

This is all very short notice (The requested meeting time is only a little more than a day after the notices went out), and details are slim, but a reasonable guess is that they're trying to assemble and dispatch an experienced warband in as short a period they can manage. The city guard claim to be as perplexed as anyone else by this unusual behavior, whatever this contract is for, it would not seem to be regarding a local threat, or at the minimum, not one the Harpers feel the guard can be trusted to handle.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Dec, 2016 - 11:25pm

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2016 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

That should be fun Dragonmonkey They should get along well then. She will disapprove when he wears rags and probably tell him so *smile* I would say they first met when he was dressed nicer playing a part. She had a good first impression of him and was shocked later to see him dress differently. Lia will respect what he is doing for the wood elves.

KNtoran, question for you. How long has Cratol been in the adventuring group or is he just meeting the characters? Just curious. I just realized that he is a half-elf and that will affect how Lia views him.

Daishain, I believe everything is purchased and Lia's character sheet is in order.

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2016 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 13 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Looks good to me.

The deadline I set before is past, so like I said before, you and Aericsteele are off the waiting list, those slots are yours. We do still have one open slot, but anyone after that will need to be patient.

We will be getting the main game going shortly after people check in from whatever they might have been up to these past few days and flesh out the adventurer band a little more. We might start off the New Year with it.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Dec, 2016 - 4:54pm

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2016 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

What else do we need in way of details for the adventuring band? I'm assuming a name and some deeds done (Which would explain how we got to level 4)?

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2016 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would like a name and something your group is known for.

The latter could be a particularly famous deed, or it could just be a reputation earned from a pattern of behavior over previous jobs. For instance, you might be known for honesty, or for seeing contracts through no matter what, or finding diplomatic solutions to jobs others would have said impossible to talk out.

Other, quite optional, things you could discuss as well:
-Who, if anyone, has in the past served as the de facto leader and/or spokesperson
-additional details on the famous deed/reputation I asked for above
-Any preexisting relationships between characters. Positive or negative. If deciding to form a romantic relationship, just remember to avoid monopolizing the story at the expense of others. If you want to do a side story, you can play it out in the support thread. If such side stories become common enough to warrant, I'll open another thread for that purpose.
-Whether your group is independent, or just one band in a larger guild. A guild will ask for a share of any contract earnings/loot found, and may have some requests of its own, but in return will occasionally be able to provide additional support/materiel/information/influence. There are advantages either way. If you do go with a guild, you can either make one up, or decide to join an existing organization found in the Sword Coast area.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Dec, 2016 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 13

I am partial to the idea of the "Accidental party" (Mainly because it is easiest). Having ran the Lost Mine of Phandelver adventure for a couple groups, we could piggy-back off that story-line:

Fate brought us together to free the frontier town of Phandalin from thuggery and banditry. In the process we rescued a dwarf miner and his Lord's Alliance business partner from the clutches of the Cragmaw Goblin Tribe. We eventually defeated the Black Spider, an evil-mage bent on unleashing the ancient magical power locked within Wave Echo Cave. During our escaped, we even helped drive off Venomfang, a young green dragon, from the ruins of Thundertree. Our heroics brought us a small bit of fame and fortune, and thus we've been approached with a new opportunity....

I know it isn't that original to use a published adventure. Maybe this can be our fall-back if no one is particularly inspired to right up a good backstory?

As for a name… anyone have a good idea?

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2016 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 13

Names for our adventuring group…
The Silver Wayfarers
The Dragons of Thundertree
The Fellowship of the Green Dragon
The Dragon Legion
The Silver Circle
The Silver Covenant
When we have a leader named it could be _'s Legion or Company. Also _'s Ranger's. Just some names to consider.

Aeric, if Lia found out about his dark secret she would quite possibly keep quiet about it. His strong desire to be reunited with his deceased lover would be greatly admired. Clerics of Sune highly value true love winning over all. She would disapprove of his method but approve of his undying love for her.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Dec, 2016 - 10:26pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.