Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 15 of 948

Thank you, guess I somehow got the dim light - Page 15 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jan, 2017 - 6:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 15

This is one time I'm glad I rolled badly on initiative. I will gladly take a reroll. Love that spell *smile*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

In a case like this, I'll generally make any appropriate rerolls on the character's behalf, rather than holding everything up for people to make corrections one by one. Helps avoid confusion as well.

The 'explode' dice feature highlights any natural results of 1 or 20 when rolling d20s, and makes a second roll next to it. It is a nice feature when the game's rules ask for a second roll in such cases. For a 3.5 game that second roll would be to confirm a critical hit. For fifth edition however, it serves no practical purpose I'm afraid, save for making any natural 20's a little more obvious.

Looks like we're just waiting on Cahleth at this time.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Jan, 2017 - 3:47pm

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 3:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Two things. First, you can center it so that none of our group get hit with the Faerie Fire. But if that prevents you from getting too many of the bad guys, Poljen will not care. Even if he gets caught by it, because attacks against him are already at Disadvantage, it will be normal for him. But just in case Daishain rules he is in the area of effect, I will roll the Dexterity save here. His Danger Sense should apply, so he has Advantage on the roll.

12th Jan, 2017 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 15 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Paul, yes, unfortunately (Or fortunately depending on how you look at it) Sar'ai would not hesitate to cast a spell with a "Friendly" in the area if it would mean affecting more enemies. Her philosophy on that would be the ends justify the means *smile*
But, given their history together, maybe she knows Pol can handle a little bit more than the rest of the weaker party members, her self being very much included in that category. (Laugh)

And thanks for clarifying the explode thing, Daishain.

12th Jan, 2017 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

The only reason I decided to explode is because I said others using it.

What's this about possibly making new attack rolls, is this because of the fairie fire? I thought that spell was used mostly for revealing invisible enemies.

Also, was it specified un what direction she was using the spell or what its range was?

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 12th Jan, 2017 - 6:00pm

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fairie Fire is a pretty versatile thing, if a subject fails the saving throw, not only can they not benefit from being invisible, attacks against them have advantage.

It is a 10' cube, targeted at the center of their line, so there's a decent chance a fair number of them are glowing like neon bulbs just in time for much of the party to get an extra edge.

Don't worry about it, I'm compiling things turn by turn right now, if you end up with advantage to hit your target, I'll make the extra roll on your behalf.

@Kntoran, it looks like you forgot to add your bonuses to attack and damage. Also, can I assume you're using up Ki for those extra attacks? It is one too many per round otherwise.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Jan, 2017 - 5:56pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2017 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 15

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Just want to make a quick clarification on faerie fire. It is a 20' cube not 10.
And yes it is a very useful spell, alas I am only allowed to use once per day as a drow, wizards don't have access to it on their own.

Oh and yes, I specified the main group of bandits (Wherever looks to get the most of them) and Sar'ai is casting from about 50' away as there was mention that was as close as anyone could get while still remaining in brush/woods.

Reconcile Edited: Brandonfett on 12th Jan, 2017 - 6:02pm

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 15

Thank you, guess I somehow got the dim light radius and the area mixed up.

EDIT: A lot just happened, so let me know if I can clear up any confusion.

You've got them in a bad position, but there are still quite a few left, and they'll be able to respond in kind next round. Consider carefully.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Jan, 2017 - 7:29pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.