Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 187 of 948

Morning works for me, although I could potentially - Page 187 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 2nd May, 2017 - 12:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

30th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
30th Apr, 2017 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 187

The Quiet Shadow says...

The main conflict here is despite the fact that Geoffroy agreed to have his sister become his squire, he is still and over protective brother who feels Elyria should stay out of danger when a battle starts.

More, even though he might not realize it, he is unconsciously treating her as a child in some ways. Geoffroy will need to be willing to let his sister go into danger of she is to grow as a squire and fighter… or something like that.

Hopefully I am expressing such ideas well.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st May, 2017 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I have to ask… since Lia is using the spyglass to survey the enemy, can she estimate their current numbers? All this talk of attacking, or even ambushing such a large force sounds a bit dodgy to me…

Post Date: 1st May, 2017 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

A reasonable estimate would be around 270 (Not counting the hundred or so that never entered the city and patrol outside instead). That's less than three quarters of the number that entered the gates, so you've definitely made a large dent in their numbers, but that progress was in relatively small bites.

Post Date: 1st May, 2017 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 187 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thank you. That is exactly the sort of analysis I was hoping for. We need to carefully consider both strategy and tactics for any further action.

For our (Successful) fights, we had serious advantages. For the initial assault on the town we were defending walls, and we even had a basic plan (Take down one of the thunder lizards), that succeeded. Fortunately we had some intelligence about their composition. We planned to fall back to the barricade, which we did, and it helped. Our raids were successful, and one of the main reasons is we had the edge of the tunnel, so they did not know from where we would strike. Also, the militia was assisting with scouting and diversions. The dragon, well, we had ballista, archers, and some decent rolls.

So the idea of trying to engage them in open fighting, even from ambush, when they would clearly outnumber us so vastly, sounds dicey at best. We'd need some serious scouting of the terrain for something that would help us, and hope they do not move en masse, rather that they move in smaller units. But in my judgment they would be foolish to do so, and I would even suspect they were trying to lure us into a trap.

All that said, I am not sure what our next move should be. I am wracking my brain to come up with a way to help liberate the rest of the prisoners and keep tossing ideas into the round file. The best I can think of is to follow them back to their base of operations, and hope they send most of the troops out on another raid, so we can hit the camp when it has fewer inhabitants. But I will keep working on ideas. And I look forward to everyone's thoughts.

Post Date: 1st May, 2017 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

At this point and with those numbers I tend to agree here. Even at full strength we'd eventually be overwhelmed. What we can do it track them and pick off stragglers as Ash suggested. We should also try to get some knowledge of what is ahead of them… perhaps Poljen's bird trick would help here. Then, maybe we can find some terrain where they are canalized and that is where we strike them again, when they can't maneuver and can't use their numbers against us.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Okay, I think we've worked through most of the unfinished business. Shall we skip to the morning, or does anyone have something else?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 187

I am just going to have Poljen respond to Lia, then I am ready to move forward… since I can't come up with anything terribly inventive…

Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 187

Morning works for me, although I could potentially keep influencing the prisoner to a) tell us more about Rezmir and b) put his faith in something other than Tiamat and find a better path. The latter is not intended to be helpful to the party really, just a man new to his own faith trying to help another.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.