Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 188 of 948

So did anyone see any of the invaders over - Page 188 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd May, 2017 - 2:43am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

30th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 188

Well, if you're good with the TLDR version:
-He doesn't know much more about Rezmir, though he is able to describe her to you as a half black dragon, and a potent sorceress.
-With effort, you can shake some of his confidence given your current approach, but you aren't going to fully change his mind, not in a single night. Getting more aggressive might produce more results, but also might cause other problems, like him going after you in spite of the restraints.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'm plum outta ideas and so us Fay. I'm good with doing a fast forward to the morning god sir.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yes indeed. Let's do it.

Velon would just tell the prisoner that he's not trying to alter his view to get anything out of him, but truly for his own sake, and then let the subject rest, leaving him to think about it.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 188 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, there seems to be some confusion over what Cyanwrath is, it is a fairly important distinction, so I'll clear it up.

The Dragonborn race (In this edition) is a distinct species of draconic humanoids, a bit like kobolds in that regard (Though I suspect both kobolds and dragonborn would not be happy about the comparison). Their innate abilities and physical features are fairly consistent among any given group.

Half dragons like Cyanwrath are not however a distinct race, they are rare crossbreeds. The result of a mating between a true dragon and another species. Between their primal connection to magic and polymorphing abilities, an elder dragon can in theory produce offspring with just about any other living creature they wish. For a number of reasons, the nondraconic parent is far more often than not a humanoid. It should be noted that few half dragons will ever meet another with the same inherited abilities, as the mixing of blood has unpredictable results, but any of them encountered should be considered highly dangerous as a foe.

Cyanwrath (Half blue dragon) Source 5k vs blue dragonborn Source 4p.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd May, 2017 - 6:48pm

Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thank you for making the distinction. I for one was unaware of it, and am glad to now know it. That said, Poljen is still relatively provincial and would need someone to explain it to him in game. And I don't think it will make much difference in the long run. If he calls Cyanwrath dragonborn and the bad guy overreacts, well, that's his issue. Poljen does not much care what he is, other than the enemy.

Post Date: 2nd May, 2017 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It sounds to me like any one level 4 character would have long odds of defeating Cyanwrath. It would be fun to try though!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd May, 2017 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 188

For context while you decide how to respond:
-Cyanwrath is standing openly, but most of his people are standing where it would be difficult to shoot them without risking harm to the prisoners. He has not said as much, but the implicit threat seems to be that overt treachery on your part, like with what you pulled at the gates, would be met with their blood.
-Cyanwrath has handed his heavy enchanted bardiche off to a subordinate, and has taken up a long spear instead. It looks well made, but does not bear any signs of the arcane that you can discern.
-I should remind you that there are two prisoners that Cyanwrath would not likely know you have. Namely the pair captured in town before the siege began.

EDIT also, for Cinder's sake. Typing in "O O C" (Without the spaces) will automatically yield " Out of Character: " when the forum processes the post. It also prevents your autocorrect from turning the word "Character" into "Combat" tongue.gif.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd May, 2017 - 2:36am

Post Date: 3rd May, 2017 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 188

So did anyone see any of the invaders over by the back door? IF not then Cratol would probably head out to have a look around. I would however make a note that we do not give him back his mage.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.