Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 193 of 948

Yeah but I can only do the six for 5 rounds - Page 193 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th May, 2017 - 3:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 5th May, 2017 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 193

Congrats on level five, everyone!

Daishain I have a question before Velon gets into his first real combat eventually. I'm not really sure how many attack rolls you want in one post/round. I feel like I've seen some people posting 4-6 rolls every round, others just 1-2. How does that work?

(I don't think anyone had multiple attacks pre-level 5, expect maybe bonus Monk unarmed strikes. I'm also ignoring Poljen's duel with this regard, as it was just 1v1 so I get making a bunch of rolls at once.).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th May, 2017 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I believe I have Cratol leveled up. He gets two attacks per round now so he is going to be throwing a lot of hits at the enemy especially if I spend a Ki point to get more unarmed attacks. That would be ten attacks per round *smile*.

Post Date: 5th May, 2017 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Might want to reread that Kntoran. You get three attacks normally, and can go up to five if you spend a ki point.

Velon, if you aren't going to change up your approach much, you can go ahead and roll for the next few rounds. That also reduces the chance of the group waiting on your input.

For example, Targul, being a fairly straightforward soul, tended to not only roll for two rounds at a time, but gave me double the number of attack dice, in case the situation ended up calling for advantage or disadvantage. It was more than I needed most times, but it came in handy more than once.

In any case, you guys need to work out how you'll deal with the end of this conflict, and decide what your response will be. There was some talk of following those leaving. They're moving slowly, and you don't want to be too close anyways, but fair warning, wait too long and the trail will disappear.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 5th May, 2017 - 3:36pm

Post Date: 5th May, 2017 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 193 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes three attacks normally one with staff and two unarmed attacks, Add the second attack this is another staff attack and two unarmed attacks thus six total without spending a ki point. If I am reading everything correctly I spend a Ki point I get two extra attacks per attack. Thus the ten.

Post Date: 5th May, 2017 - 3:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I don't know Monk as well as most classes, but I thought (Without ki points) it was one staff strike with Attack action and Bonus action of unarmed strike, upped to two staff strikes on Attack action and still one Bonus action unarmed strike. (Note that level 5 doesn't give classes two Attack actions, it adds a main weapon strike to the one Attack action you get per turn.)

That's my understanding of how my duel wield fighter works in my other campaign, at least. There could be more monk abilities I'm not familiar with granting additional unarmed attacks (Without ki points).

Post Date: 5th May, 2017 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah I re-read the monks attaks. I only get one unarmed attack with my normal attack so with an extra attack I get two attacks with staff and two unarmed attacks (One per attack as log as I am using a monk type weapon). So the ki points is where I get the two extra unarmed attacks as a bonus action. So while not ten attacks six attacks total is still pretty good with a ki point spent.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th May, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 193

KN,

Considering the rest of us are tooling along at one or two attacks per round I'd say six isn't too shabby.

Post Date: 5th May, 2017 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 193

Yeah but I can only do the six for 5 rounds at a time then would need a long rest to recover the ki points. Otherwise I am confined with four attacks. I do not do a lot of damage per attack but 4 d6 attacks can add up quickly if all of them hit.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.