Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 223 of 948

It seems to be active only when held. Placing - Page 223 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 31st May, 2017 - 6:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

09th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 223

Daishain, I'm realize I don't fully understand how a character identifies the magical properties of an item, short of something like the Identify spell. If a character picks up a +1 weapon not (Not requiring attunement as you confirmed) can he just somehow 'feel' that he's a bit more powerful with it? If an item such as the mace is known to be magical but does not have that feel should the character, unless not at all knowledgeable, try attuning to it and then they will 'feel' its properties? If he picks up two different weapons, a +1 and +2, can he feel the different? Curious how you advise properly playing that out in character and where a character's lack of knowledge of such things could limit their ability to use an item. Thanks!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Unless someone else wants it then I'll take the bow. I think Lia is the only one that shoots a bow besides Poljen and he is usually too busy killing people with his sword. If you don't want this bow Paul and Lia gets it she will give Poljen her masterwork bow if he would want it. If someone wants it please speak up.

Am I the only one that hopes we come across a dragon egg? If not here maybe later on our journeys. I wouldn't mind having a blue dragon adventuring with us in a few years *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 31st May, 2017 - 5:07pm

Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 5:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: Only if Lia lets her son ride it every once in a while. I picture him flying like on Pern… or maybe he'd be more like How to train Your Dragon. rolleyes.gif.

Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 5:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 223 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'll cross my fingers for Lia's dragon egg too!

So much is going on so fast here, did we leave anything else valuable behind? I was just thinking of the disc that a doctor could use to look inside the body, but checked back and it appears Onwen has it so we should be good there.

Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

There is a difference in feel between a +x weapon and a mundane one, but it is relatively subtle especially with a simple +1. Having handled such before, Velon could probably recognize the difference, though he would need to practice with the weapon to be sure.

Since he has detect magic up, Velon could also spend a few minutes studying them with an arcana check to identify properties. If that does not go well, Onwen can cast identify, and is good at arcana checks to boot.

31st May, 2017 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Quiet Shadow says...

Even in a days time, so much goes on. I am just glad I decided Geoffroy stay with the prisoners, as I suspected that would allow me to step away as I spent a day at the the Workforce Services.

Still, I will check through everything I missed and then form a reply. Hopefully the prisoners, Goeffroy, and his sister were not attacked, ambushed, or anything like that. If not, this essentially allowed me to have my cleric fade out of focus until I could make another post for him and his sister.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 31st May, 2017 - 6:31pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 223

That does work out well Thomaslee. I think you're good as I don't recall any messages about trouble with the prisoners. Hopefully we can resolve all things in the cave, big and small, and get them on the move!

Daishain, thank you. Can we resolve some experimentation with the stone here to spare the main thread some back and forth? Velon wants to be able to take it with him, but does not want to be silenced for a long time until they are away from this cave. Since putting it down seemed to work, he'd try things like putting it inside a bag or container of some sort. He's hoping that it is not always active as it didn't seem to affect him when the desk was fist opened, only after it was picked up.

Post Date: 31st May, 2017 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 223

It seems to be active only when held. Placing it in a bag at one's belt leaves it inert.

The stone seems to project a reduced version of the Silence spell, it only reaches out in a 5 foot radius sphere.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.