Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 227 of 948

Velon is fairly certain this thing is called - Page 227 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Jun, 2017 - 10:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

02nd June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 227

Make attack rolls against the webbing, with disadvantage. Only slashing damage will help. Do enough damage and you're free. The webs have a really low AC, but rolling a 1 in this case will mean you hit yourself.

Others not in the webbing can help cut you free without the disadvantage.

Fire could also likely free you quickly, but you would have to be enveloped in it to be freed more swiftly than other methods.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Jun, 2017 - 3:45pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

So if Poljen's first attack frees him, will his regular movement get him to the beast? I know he has no Bonus Action to Dash since he used it to Rage, but if it is close enough, that second swing goes against the creature. What in God's name is that unholy thing, anyway? Yuck… Anyway, if his movement does not get him there, I guess he can't go any further since he already used his Action to Attack the webbing, right?

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Climbing up to the ledge will be difficult to manage in just one turn. (22' up, which will cost 44' of movement, call it 45' for simplicity)

Poljen's used both his action and bonus action as mentioned, so yeah, he's only getting partway up.

I'm probably giving stuff away here, but the question needs asking. For Poljen and anyone else looking to spend time in between turns clinging to the rock: If confronted by a nasty incoming attack, would you: A, make a reflex save to avoid damage, but in so doing fall to the bottom whether or not you make the save. Or B, forgo the reflex save, and take the damage head on so you can be relatively sure of getting up to the top the next turn?

Looks like we're just waiting on Cratol at this point. Kntoran's connectivity is unreliable at this time, I'll give him a few hours to post, then go on without him.

As to what the heck this creature is, people are free to make history and/or Arcana checks to recognize this thing. I'm going to say Velon gets to make a History check with advantage in this case, as this kind of thing is of particular interest to him.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Jun, 2017 - 9:04pm

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 227 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Hmm… I think Poljen will suck up the damage, then continue on the attack. Just let me know if for the next round you will need another Athletics roll to finish the climb, so I know to include it if need be. Thank you.

Oh wait, hang on… Poljen's speed is 40... So he should be very near the top, right?

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 1st Jun, 2017 - 9:07pm

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Fairly close, he didn't start at the bottom of the wall, I'm going to say he made it 15 (30' equivalent) feet up.

And nah, the one athletics check is good enough.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, the great Velon has vast knowledge of such beasts! (Not really, but I'll take what the Dungeon Master gives me.).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 227

Can those of us who may not have the athletics to make the climb use bows against this beastie?

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2017 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 227

Velon is fairly certain this thing is called a Blackspawn Stalker, and that its kind are a twisted creation of Tiamat during her wars with Bahamut. But he does not recall much else about them.

And yes, at least for now, Fay and others are certainly free to fire your bows at the thing.

Edit: nice roll there Abn. Fay recalls that the Stalkers are one of several creatures known collectively as the Spawn of Tiamat. The goddess twisted the form of many of her own children in an attempt to produce creatures that could fulfill more specialized functions in her march for conquest. The Stalkers in particular were intended to serve as ambush predators and guardians, and are perhaps best described as an unholy blending of a black dragon and a giant spider, possessing many of the most troubling aspects of both.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Jun, 2017 - 10:24pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.