Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 29 of 948

In fifth edition you can cast cure wounds. - Page 29 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jan, 2017 - 1:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
18th Jan, 2017 - 3:15am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 29

The Quiet Shadow says...

Two things, I'll be working on a reply for my next post and I should be able to offer it in just a few minutes.

Also I've just received in the mail my hardcover copy of the 5e Dungeons & Dragons Player's Handbook. This I suspect will be a fair bit helpful, because now I can more thoroughly read through and fully understand the rules.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2017 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I just recalled that while Raging he gets Advantage on Strength checks and saving throws. Not sure if the Athletics roll counts, but just in case here it is. If it is less than 17, or is not needed, please disregard.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2017 - 5:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Thomas, I hope I haven't come across as a witch to you. Im just trying to help anyone that I see an issue with on an action. With the pace of game by the time Daishain sees it you might be stuck with the action you posted. I have corrected you and not others because we are both playing clerics and I know their spells well. I can't say the same for the other classes. I won't correct you anymore. I don't wish to come across in a bad way. In reference to you mentioning maybe you are out of the way the range is 30 feet. So for it to have effect you are in the middle of things between Targul or Poljen. If the group wins the battle you are ok. If not I assume they will see you and attack if not before.

18th Jan, 2017 - 5:52am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 29 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

First off I just want you to know that I am appreciative of the advice you give, even if it appears I'm not taking it fully into consideration. I do not think you're being a witch with your words or suggestions so please continue giving corrections or advice, I do read and consider.

I may change the action yet, but for now I think I may stick with it at least until I can discuss it with the Dungeon Master.

The reason being is because it may offer an explanation for what he's been doing all this time where so many rounds of combat has gone by for everyone else while I was stuck at work unable to post. Perhaps, if he is willing, I can offer the consideration that Geoffroy has been spending ten minutes in the casting of the spell.

Admit though I am a little frustrated with how so much has gone by, how many posts have been made and how quickly the battle has moved forward. More, it was the one action I thought might be useful, given how I was not sure what was going on.

Just how many rounds are ten minutes anyway? Maybe it can still be worked out. That, and the dice have already been rolled.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 18th Jan, 2017 - 5:54am

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2017 - 6:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Step away to watch a movie and everything blows up. Right then.

@Thomaslee. Cahleth, Targul, and Poljen unexpectedly ran off ahead of the group currently led by Sir Onthar and attacked the Southern camp instead of waiting for backup.

I had previously assumed that Geoffroy was with Onthar and Onwen along with the majority of nonBlaze fighters. That group has not yet entered combat, so it followed that it should have been safe enough to proceed without your input for the moment.

If such is what you want, the easiest way to go ahead and insert him into the battle at the camp a few rounds late would be to say that he, upon learning that his companions had gone ahead, ran to join them ahead of everyone else.

As to Prayer of Healing, Kyr is correct, that spell is very efficient for out of combat recovery, but is almost impossible to use in the middle of a fight. 1 round= 6 seconds, so ten minutes = 100 rounds. An eternity by the standards of most Dungeons & Dragons fights.

If I might make a suggestion for alternatives, Fairy Fire would make it easier for your companions to hit targets. Another good, if personally risky, option would be to run up to Targul and hit him with a 2nd level Cure Wounds. It would let him stay in action longer and keep carving through the enemy. Or you could just start smacking/blasting people yourself, most of these guys are much weaker than the man who cut you down last time. That burning hands spell in particular is effective when dealing with a bunch of mooks.

@Kntoran Nothing you have at your current level will inherently prevent someone from attacking on their turn. What your Open Hand Technique can do is prevent her from using her reaction for a round. Reactions are 5E's equivalent of an Immediate action. This is still a good move to make, as it prevents her from using that Shield spell again. (Or making attacks of opportunity for that matter, but that's less likely to come into play)

P.S. Don't forget to add your proficiency bonus to your attack rolls. (Your total tohit mod should be +5)

@Paulnelson, yes it counts, and wow, guess that guy won't be disarming you after all.

Is that everything people needed to know? I'll wait to make the update until after I get some sleep.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Jan, 2017 - 6:51am

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2017 - 6:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Some rotten little so-&-so tried to disarm the barbarian? Then I am VERY glad I rolled the second time. I guess the 17 would have left him without his sword, so he would have switched to his axe… I can not wait to read the next post!

By the way, what movie, and was it any good?

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 18th Jan, 2017 - 6:52am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jan, 2017 - 11:28am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 29

The Quiet Shadow says...

Thanks for going over that, I will make some updates and changes to my post. Again, thanks to both Kyrroeth and Daishain for correcting my error… honestly did not realize that a turn was such a short amount of time.

Also, sadly Cure Wounds it's not available since I was already used for the day. Burning Hands appears like it hasn't so I will having him stand over Targul instead and fight off any who come near.

Geoffroy can cast Spare the Dying if his friend falls below zero hit points and stabilize him, remember reading he was under a fact that kept him at one hit point.

Only 15 feet range on Burning Hands, hopefully there are Bandits at close that Geoffroy can aim at.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 18th Jan, 2017 - 11:54am

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+0): 13 (1 roll)
  • Attack on D20 (+0): 3, 8 (2 rolls)
  • Damage (cone, fire) on D6 (+0): 6, 5, 6, 4, 1, 1 (6 rolls)

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2017 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 29

In fifth edition you can cast cure wounds. Right now you have 4 first level slots and 3 second level. You can cast the same first level spell four times if you like. With cure wounds you can use any 1st level slot or 2nd level slot to cast it. You don't use the spell up. You just have 4 first level spells or 3 second levels spells that you can cast. You have the spell prepared all day and can keep casting it. I have used up all my first level slots but I have all 3 second level slots available. That means I can cast any second level spell I wish three times. I hope that makes sense.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Jan, 2017 - 1:41pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.