Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 286 of 948

That persuasion roll doesn't help - Page 286 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Jun, 2017 - 7:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 286

It is fine

Okay, it seems like Cratol, Fay, and Lia are heading off on their own subplots during the break. What of the rest?

Sponsored Links:
29th Jun, 2017 - 5:19am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Thanks Kyrroeth for all those details, I will make sure to put them to use.

I will come up with a subplot for Geoffroy as well update his character sheet, I will offer that new level will go to him being a cleric so as to get access to Fireball. With the way things will be going forward I am pretty certain such a high dealing spell will be essential in being effective in battle.

After this, when he goes up a level, I might given another level or two in fighter to perhaps work up to having a second attack. Where Geoffroy will still be mostly a cleric, but have a bit more combative edge given his background and in how he started training as knight thus effecting his path though he chose to become a Morningliege of Lathander.

I might consider a Ring of Protection myself, or perhaps go with full plate mail to take full advantage of Heavy Armour Master once I snag that next time I can get a feat. All in all though I will need to look over what is available.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jun, 2017 - 5:24am

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 5:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I guess at this point, Poljen will entertain himself with fighting, drinking and wenching. Maybe he will stumble across something of interest, maybe not.... I suppose I could finally try one of the bloody gem things…

29th Jun, 2017 - 5:33am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 286 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy will perhaps go with one of his campaigns, if they will have him or if any help is needed with their own goals. Apart from that, he will have Elyria and himself do some additional training which will perhaps be an excuse in her discovering or choosing the domain which will be her focus.

If he will have time, which given how Geoffroy will have a fair few months to work with, the cleric will try to seek out a few more possible leads that could be helpful in getting more information on the cult though what had been received hasn't been particularly useful.

Still, of note, when offering to help any of his companions with their own goals Geoffroy will be perhaps especially kin in being helpful to Lia in whatever she may want to do. The cleric offering his time and aid to the wood elf if she will accept such. This also perhaps allow time for Elyria and Mari having the chance to get to know each other.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 29th Jun, 2017 - 5:34am

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ok finally starting to get myself together here…

-Yes Velon will find some dragons for the whole party to ride to battle! Boy would that be a great goal for him. Obtain a dragon to ride at the end of the campaign!

-Leveling now. Nothing too interesting there. Taking standard HP increase for sorcerer.

-Velon would be sure to give Cratol and any others a warm send off before they go. He would also ask the group how/when/where they have plans to meet up for the next adventures of the Blaze as a group.

-Velon has little to do during this break. One of his larger personal goals cannot be achieved at this time, he thinks, which troubles him. He would spend some of this time reading and gathering information on Bahamut, Tiamat, Thay and the Red Wizards, and dragons. Otherwise he might join another member of the Blaze on one of their journeys, although all seem to be quite personal in nature thus far and he would likely pass. (I can think of at least one exception there.) Velon would otherwise carry on Blaze business of the smaller variety (I don't want him dead before the next chapter), spend time with those sticking around like Poljen perhaps,etc.

-What shall we do with the glove that can hide the item in the palm? I bet someone can think of a creative use. Nothing is coming to me. Velon can't really wear it anyhow, gauntlets and all.

-----------------------
And now back to shopping…

Velon is going to pick up a +1 Shield and a Cloak of Protection for 1,000GP (Pending any Dungeon Master objection on all such things, of course.)

Since no one has claimed the initiative ring, I'm thinking Velon could make good use of it to aid the party. He's done very poorly in initiative rolls with his +0 modifier. Probably good to get Velon and/or Poljen out into the melee and taking the hits letting Fay, Cratol, etc. Swoop in just behind to shell out the damage. Unfortunately with attunement this forces me to sell the mace, thus…

-Daishain, how can Velon go about selling the magic mace? Attunement is making it hard to just carry around. sad.gif

-Velon will take the standard plate armor unless Daishain offers an idea on plate made from parts of the dragon. Still not sure what to do with 200GP credit with the smith. I think instead of paying for symbols on the armor he will have a simple tabard made of primarily gold and white, with blue Bahamut symbols and trim.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Velon can find someone who will offer 300 gp for the mace.

The 200 GP trade credit could get you a nice gold inlay symbol of bahamut, if one a little on the small side. A well spun tabard on the other hand could be just as impressive and much cheaper, only 5 gold.

The trade credit could also be used as a downpayment to reinforce the plate armor with adamantine or mithral (500 gp cost on top of base price, so 300 after the credit). Mithral would eliminate the stealth penalty and strength requirements of the plate so Velon wouldn't be clunking around as much. Adamantine on the other hand would render Velon immune to critical hits.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 29th Jun, 2017 - 5:44pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 286

Excellent, thanks Daishain. Velon will sell the mace. Can I roll persuasion to up the selling price?

Since this item was obtained as part of the group effort and is not being traded in for another item to help the party (But rather replaced by yet another item the party found), Velon would share the gold with the party. Should I include Nazyr or is she long gone? Pending the result of the roll and dividing by 6 or 7, this may help Fay have that extra coin he was lacking (I believe) if he hasn't already obtained it.

Good options on enhancing the plate, thank you. Tough call. Let me ask you, would the mithral be somewhat redundant with the use of Velon's silencing stone with regard to stealth? I imagine the trouble with plate is mostly the sound and mithril is doing less to hide a character visually. Without the stone I would lean towards the mithril, but with the stone I may go adamantine. Going to stink to pay for this again when I find some +1 armor! Ugh, on that note, I ponder another question. Per the book I'm potentially 1500g deep in investing in this plate armor, and thus much of the way to a Rare magic item's cost. How much more just to go to Rare +1 Armor?

Really appreciate all of the help Daishain. I know I've asked a lot of questions during this break. Thank you.

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2017 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 286

That persuasion roll doesn't help with the price much. Fortunately, you also didn't offend the merchant in question.

As to a +1 enchantment, that's a rare, and runs at 2,500 by default. Unfortunately, that's for the cost of the magic itself, and does not include the cost of making the item it is placed upon. For minor things, that latter cost is generally waived. For the more expensive armor that isn't quite as feasible. The default market value for +1 full plate would then be 4,000 gp.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.