Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 288 of 948

Still haven't heard from Geoffroy - Page 288 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Jul, 2017 - 2:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 288

Cinder, I forgot to mention this before. There is a rare magic item called instant fortress. For 2500 gold pieces we could have a ready to go fortress if needed. You had mentioned something before about keeping one in those gloves.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th Jun, 2017 - 4:29am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 2:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

By the way, Poljen now has no disadvantage to Perception due to dim light, and can see a mile as if it were a mere 100 feet, thanks to his animal totem. He still keeps the spyglass and torch stone, but will always be willing to share with the team. D, I assume that in real darkness he'd still need the torch stone or something to see, right? But at night with stars and such he'll be okay…

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yes Velon will stick around with Poljen and would also like to get to know Mari better. He would not be flirting, but he would of course joke with her as he does everyone. He would intentionally seek out those in need of help locally.

Yes Ky, I actually wrote down the Fortress and the figurines such as Bronze Griffon. They both seem extremely powerful for just Rare items. I could see Daishain not wanting us wipping out an army of huge Griffon's. Maybe I'll oficially ask some day. The fortress would be really cool for the Blaze to carry around. Maybe we can all chip in after the next chapter. The thing even does damage!

Edit: Daishain. Multiclassing question for you. Velon now has level 3 spell slots per the slot table for multiclassing. With regard to spells known, the multiclassing section says to determine this from the individual classes. I thus look at the sorcerer table and see that as a level 4 sorcerer he would not know spells higher than level 2. My understanding is thus that Velon has level 3 slots but cannot know level 3 spells. This is fine, of course. He'll enhance existing spells or smites and get fireball next time around, but I just want to make sure I'm interpreting this properly. Thanks!

Arg, another edit: I'm picking up Chromatic Orb, so need a 50gp diamond. Considering the other treasures we've been able to obtain in this break I'm assuming Velon can buy this. I'll mark it down but wanted it on record in case De Beers has bought up all of the diamonds in Daishain's world and artificially inflated the prices, you know, like in the real world!

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 30th Jun, 2017 - 2:47pm

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 2:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 288 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'm afraid the fortress is on my 'to nerf' list.

Tell you what, when you next think of asking, you can get the fortress in one of two forms.
-Option one, keep the fortress as is, but as a very rare item. I'll throw in a pair of built in scorpions (As in the small antipersonnel ballistae) and maybe a few other things as partial compensation for the price hike.
-Option two, it stays as a Rare item, but becomes a "Not quite instant" fortress, needing a minute rather than a single turn to grow into place. This would also remove the option of using it as an AOE weapon.

The Griffons are actually fine, but be aware that if they start getting spammed, there will be an increasing chance of their figurines being lost/stolen/destroyed, as you're no longer being personally in custody of them at all times. That can turn into quite the money sink.

Yes, the interpretation for Velon's spells is correct. Its one of the weird things about being a multiclass caster in 5E.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Jun, 2017 - 2:46pm

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cinder, I looked at those figurines as well. I will have to pick up the golden lions one day. The bag of tricks looks fun too. I really hope to get a Deck of Many Things down the road. It has some amazing cards but some really bad things can happen to you. It's the ultimate game of chance.

Daishain, What does the sword of warning do besides give advantage on initiative checks? That's the main thing I wanted but I think it does more??

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 30th Jun, 2017 - 3:08pm

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sounds very fair on the fortress Daishain, it did seem OP at Rare. (I say that without knowing the cost of the Very Rare items. (Laugh) We could all split it, though. Official Blaze headquarters! I assume it can be furnished and anything you keep in it is part of the deal.)

Yes anything random like that can be a lot of fun for the party! I was a Wild Magic sorcerer one time and had to roll on the table for that occasionally. During one battle, a siege, everyone suddenly became invisible; good guys, bad guys, etc. It was pure chaos and took everyone a moment to ponder how to properly roll play being invisible themselves and also the huge troll they were fighting suddenly being gone. Do you realize what happened and swing at it anyhow? Etc.
Hey Daishain are crystals like the blue one Poljen received on the magic item list? Curious.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jun, 2017 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 288

Yes you can furnish the fortress if/when you get it. It still won't "Pack up" if anything living is inside though, and I'm going to ask that you keep it reasonable in regards to using the thing as storage for bulk items.

PS, market value for VRare is 25,000. However, on the other hand, that kind of thing is the sort of item that you may be able to quest for.

The crystal Poljen got is a variant of weapon and armor crystals found in 3.5e. Feel free to take a look.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Jun, 2017 - 3:30pm

Post Date: 1st Jul, 2017 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 288

Still haven't heard from Geoffroy on what he's up to

Poljen and Velon, you're at the apparent wererat gang hideyhole, just going to charge in, or did you have anything else in mind?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.