Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 342 of 948

At present, Cratol isn't greatly hindered - Page 342 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Aug, 2017 - 3:15am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:25am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 342

I can see it now… the beast stampeding down the hallway, Jack saying, "Wait for it… wait… " then as soon as it is in range, "Now!" And that's how Poljen gets Help *wink*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Levels of exhaustion for going to 0 HP? Is that a house rule? I haven't seen it before. Also, are there any other house rules I should be aware of? Maybe there is a place I was supposed to read them and I missed it? smile.gif.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yes it is a house rule, the very first post of this thread includes the house rules I have active for this campaign.

In essence, I wanted going down in combat to have some consequence beyond one's buddies needing to cast Healing Word. Without that houserule, getting knocked unconscious and healed again every single round in 5E isn't a notable problem.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 8th Aug, 2017 - 2:55am

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 342 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That houserule makes for tough decisions. Most 5e guides I've seen regarding healing recommend not healing until an ally drops and just use healing word to revive them. With the exhaustion penalty it makes that a tougher call.

Everyone keeps speaking of what they will do with the Gorgon. There is some sort of mage and at least 8 angry duergar about to join us as well. Sounds like fun doesn't it? wink.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Aug, 2017 - 3:01am

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 3:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, read up on the house rules. Sorry about that *smile*
I agree that it makes things more interesting but there is the argument about there being a death spiral. Is Cratol more likely to fall again given his situation which will lead him to more and more levels of exhaustion? This is just a Dungeon Mastering balance question for my own benefit as I might implement it in my home game *wink*.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

There is a bit of a death spiral. We will have to work hard to make sure he doesn't fall again. Cratol might have to hold off on suicidal moves for a few days.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 342

Well in his defense at the time he did not think of it as a suicidal move. He took a calculated risk where he thought he could bring down one of the front on the shield wall to allow the others to get through and back him up so they would have got through them quicker. But as always even the best plans can go south quickly.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 342

At present, Cratol isn't greatly hindered in combat. Less mobility, and disadvantage on ability checks are not the worst things that could happen. But yes, as things go along, it will become increasingly easy for him to fall.

On review however, it seems I forgot to write down a rather important caveat to that rule.

"If this would cause the character to reach the final stage of exhaustion (Death), that character instead falls into a coma, and cannot be revived by any normal healing methods until allowed to complete 8 hours of rest, or the excess exhaustion is otherwise removed."

So not necessarily a death spiral, but it can be a "Spiral down to being useless until I'm able to get some damn beauty sleep" tongue.gif. This is deliberate, if things go south in a big way, and or keep repeatedly going south over a bad day, the party needs TIME to recover, not just more resources.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 8th Aug, 2017 - 3:18am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.