Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 348 of 948

That sounds like a lot of fun Ninja. Even - Page 348 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 11th Aug, 2017 - 9:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

30th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 348

Wow, I just realized something. With Geoffroy exiting the game we only have 3 characters left that started the game. This will be strange seeing Thomas playing a rogue. I have never seen him not play a cleric or paladin.

Sponsored Links:
11th Aug, 2017 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I know right? I have been playing a good paladin or cleric for so very long, I can't even remember being able to ever use my bard character for very long on this site at any moment and not for a while. Playing a rogue will be an interesting opportunity to try something new, one untrusting and self conscious of herself.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 11th Aug, 2017 - 5:47pm

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yeah, that will make a party with 3 rogues ! Bound to be interesting, maybe we should start our own Thieves' Guild *chuckles*

As far as the game system, I am still trying to wrap my head around the 5e mechanics here… for example: as the Help action applies to ability checks, can Jack provide support to a situation like that of Geoffroy here for example? I realize this is a purely rhetorical question since Thomaslee's already decided on his fate, but still… I feel like I'm missing out on using some of my character's prowess because of my lack of familiarity with these new game rules. Learning curve, y'all, learning curve, ehheheh.

I've never even tried Pathfinder, but darn eager to try of of these days.
Also, what with the Action Point rule ? I've seen it mentioned on other forums (And some live games on youtube as well, Grey Force and Acquisition Incorporated to name a few), but we're not using it here, are we ? Kyrr's got a point with the bad dice rolls, action points would go a long way to balance that out, kinda like the Force points in the Star Wars Role-playing Game, remember that one ?

Oh, and yes: that +2 Dexterity increase came in REAL handy for Jack, trust me, that was a no-brainer for me.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 11th Aug, 2017 - 6:08pm

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 348 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

In regards to action points, 5E calls them inspiration points, which can get confusing when we have bards handing out bardic inspiration dice like they're candy.

I keep reminding people about it, but I think there have been a whopping 2 uses of inspiration since the beginning of the game.

In theory, I'll hand inspiration out for impressive role playing, and you recover it if expended at the beginning of a chapter (We're near the start of chapter 3 for reference), but since you can only have 1 inspiration point ready to go at once, you can't hoard the things.

When an inspiration die is expended, the default use is to give yourself an extra d20 roll. I've expanded this a bit to include stunts. Pitch a neat idea to me for an action that isn't normally allowed by the rules, but might be doable with extra effort (Such as changing the shape of an AOE spell, or pinning someone's arm to the wall with an arrow) If the thumbs up is given, you can spend an inspiration point to make the attempt (You'll still need to make a roll of some kind in most cases)

P.S. In regard's to Jack's hunt for bolts. Don't worry about it. I won't make you track ammunition unless in a situation where recovery/replacement is an issue for a long period.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, unending supply of bolts: check.
And by the way, Kyrr, I just got a critical on an action that I actually didn't need. Are these dice crazy or what ?

*laugh*.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ash, I saw that. Of course you got it when it wasn't needed *wink*

We really could start a thieves guild. Counting Mari 4 out of the 10 PC's and NPC's are rogues. They cover all of the rogue archetypes besides swashbuckler. Earlier in the adventure we had zero rogues. It could be fun someday to try an all rogue party. An exception could be made for a trickery domain cleric who could work well within such a group. It would definitely be different.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 11th Aug, 2017 - 9:20pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 348

Kyrroeth,

Actually, that sounds like a blast. Maybe something in an urban setting and they are all part of the thieves guild if it's in a big city like Waterdeep or they are the guild if it's a smaller city. Sometimes they venture out to raid tombs or whatnot when the local prospects dry up or things get hot because of a job they just pulled off.

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2017 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 348

That sounds like a lot of fun Ninja. Even if all played rogues there would be a lot of specialization to differentiate the characters. Maybe someone will run a campaign like that one day.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.