Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 356 of 948

You have one hit die per level that you can - Page 356 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Aug, 2017 - 3:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 356

I forgot to ask. Did I take any damage from the rocks? I don't recall seeing anything about that.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I think it was if you made your save you got five damage and if you didn't you took ten damage.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Everyone took damage. Looks like Ozzy failed his save though, so its 10 damage. It was not a major attack or anything, just shrapnel from its abrupt entry.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 5:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 356 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I also forgot to ask, while we were resting did I get a chance to check all the belt pouches I had collected, and if so what did I find? If you've already answered this than I'm sorry that I missed it.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 1:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Already listed your major loot during your long rest a bit ago. Aside from that the pouches would have contained various trinkets, tools, 'food' rations, etc.. Nothing incredibly valuable, but there'd certainly be things you could take as trophies.

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Robert, looks like both our characters took 10 damage. Just made a post about that in the main thread.

P.s: just had a look at the 5e rule concerning regaining HP during short rests and can't really understand the math here. How does it work exactly ? Does my character have to detract a D8 from his total hit points to regain d8+CON ? If so, when does he regain his original HP integrity ? Doesn't seem to make any sense… Help ?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 3:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 356

A character with 6d8 hit dice can roll anywhere between 0 and six d8 dice in order to regain hit points in a short rest. This is a pooled resource, like spells per day, other than the dice being expended and not available for the next rest, there is no penalty to doing this.

During the character's next short rest, half of his total HD pool is restored. (So if Jack spends 4 HD today, after a long rest he'll have 5 HD available tomorrow, and then 6 the day after that if he doesn't spend more in the meantime.).

Post Date: 17th Aug, 2017 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 356

You have one hit die per level that you can roll any number of per short rest for 1dX+CON per die. The only down side to using them is not having any left if we take too many short rests before the next long rest. There is no max HP penalty. I forget if we regain all or only some hit dice on a long rest as I've never had it come up. You may be able to see the result of one hit die before deciding to roll another during a rest, but I'm not positive on that without my book handy.

Also note as a multi class character I have hit die of different sizes depending on how many paladin vs sorcerer levels I have.

Edit: Oops, the Dungeon Master beat me to it!

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 17th Aug, 2017 - 3:29pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.