Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 360 of 948

Poppo snorted and sat up abruptly, "Ah!" - Page 360 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Aug, 2017 - 7:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 360

Out of Character: Reminder, you guys have about ten hours before the group heads into the mere, and I don't think anyone even knows Zarra's name yet. And for her part she has no clue what is going on, no reason not to just stay behind and continue her journey other than simple gratitude.

Out of character, we want her to join the group. But in character, there doesn't seem to be any reason for her to do so. Let's push towards changing that.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Aug, 2017 - 6:07pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I am sleeping currently to get rid of my exhaustion level and probably will say something to her in the morning. Right now Cratol is thinking more of sleep rather than meeting new people.

25th Aug, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

My plan was to have that worked out in the morning at least, her staying one more night before heading out makes at least some sense. Especially since technically the mission she was on kind of didn't fall through, so it isn't like she had anywhere she has to run off to.

Just my initial thoughts, I am sure something will work out.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Aug, 2017 - 6:19pm

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 360 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Thomas,

I agree with you on your plan and I think KN is the right person to bring it up. Fay won't because of Lia, he just wouldn't do that. In truth, Lia's argument was spot on, the Drow are 99.999% evil and trusting one would be ludicrous… until that one proves himself/herself. Much like Drizzt had to do, over and over again. That said, meta reasons tell us otherwise but our characters wouldn't know that.

25th Aug, 2017 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well perhaps opportunity will present itself for Zarra to prove herself, maybe by coming to the party's aid because of a a sudden attack or something in that direction. Also, my personal opinion, just because the majority is evil doesn't mean that much. There are always exceptions to the rules.

Also, there is magic that can detect lies and deception. We do have a paladin in the party if members of the party are overly concerned. That could at least speed up the process a bit to get things moving forward.

I may even have Zarra bring such up and show herself willing to submit to such… though it may well make her even more quiet and withdrawn. The frustration of having to submit herself to such just to have basic dignity and respect, no matter how fair or reasonable such distrust may be. Still, judgements are being made simply for her being born as a drow, which will upset her.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Aug, 2017 - 6:44pm

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomas,

Right, I understand all of that but that is part of the fun of playing a character like a Drow… changing people's erroneous perceptions. There will be plenty of opportunity in the upcoming days to change opinions. And won't it be all the sweeter once you have to work at it for a while and finally someone comes up to you and says, "I was wrong about you."

In truth, we should probably all be very leery of Zarra. Although you are right about not everyone being evil when the vast majority is evil,and my 99.999% is not an overstatement, then assuming the worst is called prudence not prejudice. It would almost be like trusting a Nazi. There were those who weren't bad and joined for survival and then actively fought against Hitler… but most did not.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Aug, 2017 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 360

The Quiet Shadow says...

Just don't forget, there are drow above ground especially who turned away from the vile treatings and traditions of Lolth. Otherwise there wouldn't be any substance at all to Eilistraee. Though admittedly, given how the majority of drow are evil, she doesn't have the power to fight Lolth or the other deities of that pantheon.

An up hill battle for such, with many challenges, but one that I have setup for Zarra for quite some time. She will and has weather such discrimination and there would be satisfaction to hearing another admit that they were wrong. As such, I can see your point but the less trust given to her the less likely she will be willing to believe it safe to stick around in an environment hostile to her.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 25th Aug, 2017 - 7:02pm

Post Date: 25th Aug, 2017 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 360

Poppo snorted and sat up abruptly, "Ah!" he yelled before realizing where he was,. "Oh, uh sorry about that. Bad dream."
Sitting on his bedroll he looked around the cavern. Seeing Zara he got up and plopped down beside her, "Hiya, I'm Poppo. So, are you one of those scary 'I must kill all-surface dwellers' drow or are you a nice one? I haven't heard of any but I suppose they must exist. My Uncle Felix said he met one once. Something about two swords and a big cat but he's prone to telling stories. One time he said he wrestled a bear to the ground with his bare hands! He was traveling from Baldur's gate.... "

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.