Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 364 of 948

Daishain/All, First, I agree we should work - Page 364 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Aug, 2017 - 6:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

09th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
26th Aug, 2017 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 364

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'm up for suggestions, I have had Zarra be as accommodating as I can and answering questions asked of her. By her words, behavior, and manner she clearly does not act like a drow is normally expected to act. Especially for being a female drow, given how it is a matriarchal society where the women see themselves as divinely superior.

Based on what perhaps all of your characters know about drow in character, Zarra is behaving very much not like such. Also, her stuff has already been gone through and if someone were to ask she would give her own belongings to be looked through.

Heck, despite there not being any detect alignment spells there is still magic to detect if someone is lying. It was used with new party members before going into the Undermountain. The party has tools and the means to interrogate the drow, and again she is very much outnumbered so is unlikely to try anything even if she wanted to.

The party wasn't this suspicious of the often creepy albino, mute tiefling who spent most of her young life in the Abyss.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Aug, 2017 - 4:45pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That spell to detect lying is the zone of truth. Lia cast it but unfortunately it isn't a type of spell that she normally prepares. Unless Daishain wants to just let her cast it anyways it isn't available.

The tiefling was creepy but there is a big perception difference between a drow and tiefling. Tieflings are greatly mistrusted and she never had the group's full trust. With a drow our characters would be fearful of being murdered in their sleep or betrayed when we face the main challenge of this mission. She isn't acting as a drow would be expected to act but she was injured and greatly outnumbered. An actual evil drow would probably have done the same. They aren't suicidal and are very intelligent.

I'm sorry that she is facing mistrust. She is a drow and that is part of playing one. If we just accepted her in with no issue then you might as well play a high or wood elf.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:04pm

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

If it will get us past this hurdle, yes, I will let you cast Zone of Truth as a ritual.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:07pm

26th Aug, 2017 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 364 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I can understand distrust and suspicious, but I think it is going a bit far where many players feels that simply for being drow and despite all the facts of my portrayal of Zarra they won't even consider giving her a chance. More so since drow don't generally go above ground, at least not by themselves.

Unless something is figured out, it appears we have hit a road block, with characters who will be completely unmoving in believing Zarra must be the worst evil ever despite everything to the contrary. If she was a drow with ill intent, she very much isn't behaving as one.

Have it so that there is always someone awaken and keeping an eye on Zarra, make it so that at night whoever is on watch also keeps an eye on the drow. Do whatever needs to be done, perhaps even an Insight check.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:10pm

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

To be honest, this thread is not where this issue should, and definitely not where this issue will, be worked out. This is a roleplay issue and it will only be solved through roleplay.

I've called out the issue in game, let's solve this there. It is time for those who want the character to join us to convince the rest of us; especially you Zarra. Time to win our trust… at least enough for us to allow your character to join.

We are roadblocked here because the group itself would be roadblocked here. This issue must be resolved before we advance the story, so let's work on resolving it.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 5:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Poppo has dispensed his ultimate weapon to help bridge the gap in the party. Hopefully, it will be enough *smile*.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 364

I should also note, while I mentioned before that Elistraee is an obscure goddess, she is not entirely unknown on the surface. Anyone trained in Religion can attempt a check to remember her, along with the significance of Zarra being a worshipper. Lia could do this with advantage, since the goddess in question is a daughter of Correllon, the primary god of the elven pantheon.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Aug, 2017 - 6:17pm

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 6:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 364

Daishain/All,

First, I agree we should work this out with roleplaying. Second, even if those who are mistrustful knew of this goddess why would we believe a Drow? Wouldn't one lie just to gain our trust? I mean, they tend to be neutral evil so they'd lie in a second.

Thomas,

None of us are saying we won't let you join. We aren't saying we believe Zarra to be the most evil ever. What we are saying is she is a Drow and virtually 100% of Drow are evil. So, this is where you role play your way into the group. This is what you should expect playing a Drow. Heck, you talk these very reactions in your description of her. You say everything to the contrary, what everything? We haven't heard enough to be convinced.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.