Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 365 of 948

This might be problematic. With all of our - Page 365 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Aug, 2017 - 5:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
26th Aug, 2017 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 365

The Quiet Shadow says...

I came in expecting distrust and suspicion, but I also came in with the assumption that we would find a way of getting things worked out to the point where the party would at least let Zarra travel with them.

Admittedly my concern is more for what has been said out of character here than anything that has happened in character. So far everyone seems to be reacting about how I would have expected them to, I've just allowed myself to get a little worried because of the talk here.

Honestly though I am still a bit surprise, since we have had both of drow and the tiefling a part of our party. Admittedly the drow disappeared and did have much to special against her, but as far as I can remember she was still allowed to be part of the group without too much issue if any. Perhaps I am misremembering.

Also which I may actually have her bring up in character, putting aside the fact that she is a drow has her behavior, demeanor, manner, or words given any reason to believe she is not who she says she is?

She could have tried killing the kobold couple, taken all that they own. Used up her potions as needed to fix her leg, maybe even try putting it directly on the wound but I'm not sure they work that way, and leave as soon as possible.

Hell, when she was watching the soup she could have poisoned it. Though clearly she did not.

She is not acted with arrogance nor aggression towards anyone, she has been polite and perhaps even a bit submissive in matter. Which admittedly they'll be reason for that all it reveal at some point.

Still, the face remains that she isn't acting like an drow from anything to the party is likely to know about them. Again consideration of how she was raised in a strongly matriarchal culture and society, where the females held all social and political power while viewing all of the races as inferior.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 26th Aug, 2017 - 7:31pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Why are we still arguing this here Thomas? We are trying to resolve it in the main thread. Sar'ai didn't have trust issues with the group that Zarra has. That is because she was one of the original members of the group so it was assumed that those issues were already worked out previously. If you had started with Zarra instead of Geoffroy you wouldn't have these issues. Look at all the things that Sar'ai did and the way she disappears? That didn't help build trust for drows. She did some very shady things. In addition, she was half drow who would probably be treated a little better than drow. The Tiefling wasn't trusted by the group totally either. However, as I mentioned earlier, Drow have a much worse reputation than tieflings.

We are playing our characters as we feel they would react. We have every intention of allowing her to join the group. We wish to do it in a reasonable manner though. Just because she isn't acting like one would expect a drow to act doesn't mean she should be trusted. It's called deception.

I'm going to post in the main now to try to move past this. It's irritating to me to be told that I'm playing my character wrong and should just accept her. In this world I would dare say that many drow would be killed on sight. Throughout this campaign she will experience discrimination from npc's etc. Your description of her background says that she experienced that in the past. That's to be expected playing a drow. One day down the road if you play her in a trustworthy manner, party members will show trust in her. That will be more meaningful than just shrugging and saying now " She is a drow. Let's give her a chance. What's the worst that could happen?"

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 26th Aug, 2017 - 7:53pm

26th Aug, 2017 - 7:53pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

My apologizes Kyrroeth for the irritation, and again I want to repeat I have no issues with how things are in the actually roleplay. I simply allowed myself to be bothered or concerned too much by what was being discussed here. Sighs.

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2017 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 365 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I think this issue is just about over, but I just want to explain myself clearly. Thomaslee, the impression I am getting is that you think as long as Zarra does not act like a "Typical drow," the group should accept her. But since we are on a very important mission, and suddenly find a newcomer waiting for us, that seems very unusual… dare I say, suspicious?

Even if your character was not a drow, say a human or an elf, we would be wary. The fact she is a drow just sets off even more alarms for us. To our characters, she is acting as if she were someone who expects she should be treated like any traveler, when we can not afford that sort of behavior. As for Sar'ai, we had decided we all had worked together in the past and come to trust one another. I am sure that if we had role-played our coming together, there would have been much mistrust of that drow.

You said when you explained the character concept, and have it in your background, that she knows she must work to earn trust, but until she agreed to undergo the Truth spell, she had made no effort to win our trust at all. I was hoping for her to make an earnest speech, along the lines of, "I know my race makes it hard for you all to trust me. My people have earned that reputation, and I have to suffer for it. But if you give me a chance, I will show you that at I am worthy of trust. I am of good character and noble intentions. Please, tell me what I must do to at least have you give me a chance? I know even then it will take time to earn that which I seek, but I am willing to undergo any test, face any challenge you name, to show that there is more to me than my heritage."

But since we seem to have overcome this, I think we can drop it for now. I just wanted to make clear why I think we were all having a difficult time. Again, speaking for myself, I was expecting more from Zarra.

26th Aug, 2017 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Well I have been distracted, worrying recently about real life things. Perhaps I didn't offer as much as I could with Zarra but I will strive to do better and maybe even find a time and place to throw in such a speech as you suggested.

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomas, just play your character as you want to and know that we are all doing the same. My character doesn't care that you're a Drow, but the moment we began picking up strangers in the middle of our secret mission, then Oswald had a problem.

Not because of who and what she is, but because the risk was both unnecessary and dangerous to the quest. At least in my character's eyes.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 365

I am on call this weekend and am about to process a car that was carjacked. I may not have much time as the day wears on, so I will simply roll some Perception/Investigation here…

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 365

This might be problematic. With all of our characters we have no ranger and probably no one proficient in survival. We might be lost forever in the swamp *wink*.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.