Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 372 of 948

I think the biggest issue is that no one that - Page 372 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Sep, 2017 - 2:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

08th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
4th Sep, 2017 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 372

The Quiet Shadow says...

Thank you Daishain, I was wondering why people were making such an issue out of her presence. She isn't ordering others around or causing problems. Also, I gave a reason for her presence with them despite it starting as a mistake on my part in not realizing they were more than just a few feet away.

She has simply asked a question and has previously given her brief thoughts on the situation.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Sep, 2017 - 8:20pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2017 - 8:53pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Given the situation and the fact that she just joined us a day ago makes her actions seem questionable and what of her true motives. Yes she was in with the group and then she went forward when not asked. This shows that she is one to do what she wants when she wants. It can make a barely trusted person seem less trustworthy.

4th Sep, 2017 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

She was under a Zone of Truth spell, her motives were made pretty clear.

Again, don't make this a bigger deal then it has to be. Even the Dungeon Master isn't seeing the problem with Zarra's actions and that "She didn't have to sneak up on anything to be close enough to do it".

Yet if you want some of the party to confront her on it later, do so. It will only close her off more and she will grow even more quiet then she already is. She will also explain herself, much like I have already done.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 4th Sep, 2017 - 8:59pm

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 372 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I can see why a character that is less trusting of Zarra would be suspicious of her actions; benign as they may be. In Lia's case especially; where it is a case of racial hatred. Yes Zarra is trusted enough to be a part of the party, but not trusted enough to be a member of the party.

If this was a tv show, it would take several episodes, if not a season to work through it; and we all may be in the long haul of this as the characters naturally grows closer in trust and possible friendship.

And honestly this is how it should happen. Tough and annoying as it is, to shortcut it would honestly cheapen the entire campaign for me.

What we don't realize is that the problem is the fact that we do not have a problem. What is happening right now in the campaign is exactly what should be happening. The characters that would have a problem with Zarra and her actions should have that problem.

The rest of the group doesn't have a problem because their characters wouldn't. The important thing here is that the group is not against Zarra. The other issues will pass in time.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 5th Sep, 2017 - 4:15am

5th Sep, 2017 - 4:32am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Fair enough, I can see what you mean of how the situation can play out as you have suggested. Thanks for providing such a perspective and helping me to look at things differently.

Zarra will be annoyed and frustrated at the situation, since her intentions was to be helpful despite how certain members decide to perceive her actions as suspicious and worthy of criticism. Certain members making a problem where there actually wasn't one, while other members wouldn't think twice on the drow's actions.

Again this will close off Zarra even more then before, and slower to open up. Her frustration and upset directed to those most suspicious of her while the drow tries to prove her worth and intentions. To earn the trust of those she travels despite feeling tempted leave because of questioning if such is worth it.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Sep, 2017 - 4:35am

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thomas,

Think of this as role playing opportunities to integrate Zarra into the group. Every time a character says something regarding Zarra doing something that they consider suspicious it's an opportunity to further prove Zarra's good intentions. Role play it to the hilt. If it were me, sometimes I'd role play it where she'd try to demonstrate how her intentions were good and sometimes I'd role play it where she fights back for even insinuating that Zarra doesn't belong after all she's done. Of course, that time is still in the future… but not too far off I think.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Sep, 2017 - 5:34am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 372

The Quiet Shadow says...

Honestly it could be seen as a bit amusing, here I was building Zarra's backstory up with the intention of playing off the fact that she is a drow and that many would discriminate, harass, or be distrustful of her… yet I'm finding myself bothered and upset with others playing off this idea while even getting a bit defensive, perhaps confusing a few of you.

I'm getting exactly what I asked for, I just need to show that I'm up to snuff for playing such a character and use this as an opportunity to show what I'm capable of when it comes to roleplaying. Chuckles, I just hope real life distractions or stress won't cause any issues with this and I can do Zarra justice in playing off her concept.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Sep, 2017 - 5:37am

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 372

I think the biggest issue is that no one that I know had ever told Zarra that we were going to a place that was being held by two black dragons. IF she has that knowledge then maybe she is a double agent and a zone of truth spell would not reveal that.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.