Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 374 of 948

Yes my concern is little to do with distance - Page 374 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Sep, 2017 - 5:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
5th Sep, 2017 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 374

The Quiet Shadow says...

Again I will fully admit there was a mistake in there on my part, though in this case it was the fact that I didn't realize there was that much of a distance between where Fay and Velon from the rest of the party. Yet, because of this miscalculation, it has brought about about a frustrating amount of confusion and distrust from other characters.

Sighs, at this point I just want to move on from this and not make it any more of a big deal than it has to be. I feel this is an unfortunate distraction from the situation and campaign. If I could go back I think I just rather have Zarra stay with it the others, as I'm seriously starting to get tired of this hold up.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I should also note, I never really specified how much distance was involved. It isn't as far as some seem to be assuming, and Snapjaw at least is speaking openly. Those who didn't move forward are probably missing some words, especially from those facing away, but they should be able to hear most of the conversation.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 5th Sep, 2017 - 3:36pm

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: I have no issues with Zarra it is just that she is new therefore while Cratol is accepting of her, he would still be a little leery of her and her true intentions. While this will not stop him from letting her continue with the party he would watch her a bit closer.

5th Sep, 2017 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 374 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I very much hope that not every little thing Zarra does will be quite so scrutinized, as I do believe that might slow things down. She may be a drow, but I do think it is possible to take things too far. That not everything she says or does will have to be met with suspicion and doubt. Again that Zone of Truth should have allowed for at least some trust.

Yet perhaps my concerns are unwarranted, and simply one of the moment telling of a few moments it might come up. That it won't come up at every opportunity, that not every little thing she does will lead to what is going on now.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 5th Sep, 2017 - 3:45pm

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

While not everything she does will be met with suspicion and doubt you have to remember that Faevalor went though some of this too when he first joined with the silver blaze. He is still not a member. You thinking that the silver blaze is just going to accept her for what she is with open arms is something that may never happen. Her actions are being watched.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'm absolutely on par with Robert as far as the Roleplaying ramifications of having an unknown drow join up with the group at a very delicate moment of the mission are concerned: Thomas, you created a Chaotic Neutral drow thief that appears out of nowhere and finds herself conveniently in the middle of a mission with highly distrustful and closed-up characters, that's bound to be a long process of integration, to say the least. You just switched from a clearly Good Cleric character (One that was the leader of the Blaze for a while) to a CHAOTIC NEUTRAL DARK ELF ! Zarra's in for the long haul, and right now she's gonna have to learn to sleep in the proverbial dog house, at least for a little while.

As far as balancing the roleplay with getting the actual game to move on, I get your concerns though: okay, maybe people are defiant with her or plain hostile (Something I can't imagine she would be that concerned about: after all she must be very used to it, considering her background. I find her a little thin-skinned, to be honest… *wink*), but at this point it seems like this doesn't need to be going on and on. Let's get the ball rolling, shall we ?

Although saying that, that very same element of distrust may be exploited by our enemies at some later point. A great idea would be to have her tempted to betray us and to resist said-temptation, for example. What better way for her to earn the Blaze's trust ?

Just my 2 cents here…

NOTE: it seems the site posted my old post in main thread by mistake.Edited and corrected now… Jack's just got an idea about an infiltrating strategy using the lizards' participation.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 5th Sep, 2017 - 4:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 374

Cinder,

I think you hit is spot on. And to answer our illustrious Dungeon Master, yes, if I were in Zarra's shoes knowing what I know I would have asked that question. That said, if I was Fay's, Lia's, or Velon's shoes I might be a bit distrustful because I'm not in Zarra's shoes… if that makes sense. And I say that especially since Lia specifically asked Fay and Velon to go forward and then all of a sudden Zarra is there too, negotiating with the lizard folk, or at least seeming to by asking questions. They have no idea exactly what Zarra knows and they think they've been pretty circumspect about things.

Thomas, yes I understand you thought that the conversation was happening right in front of you, but since it wasn't and you then added that you moved forward with the group… well, that might cause a bit of angst. That said, this is all an opportunity to role play it out and actually a great chance for us to build more trust in Zarra methinks. Oh wait, I only write methinks when posting in character and this is out of character on the Q&A thread… oh my God, I'm sinking into the game *wink*.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2017 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 374

Yes my concern is little to do with distance or the totally reasonable questions asked but rather that this could just be open defiance of the group dynamic and Lia's leadership. She specifically asked Fay and Velon to take care of talking to the stranger on this one. I'm not quite sure whether to role-play it as defiance of Lia, just curiosity and a lack of awareness, or something else. For now I'm just playing it as Velon being annoyed momentarily and he will otherwise continue not to discriminate against the drow due to his background and nature. He was already nice to her and I plan to continue for him to trust her more and more as time passes.

On a related note, I've wondered in the past if all of the emphasis on titles (Blaze or no, leader, combat leader, etc.) is a good thing or not, but do feel like having someone to make a final decision on things to keep it moving is ultimately a very good idea. Lia is doing a great job. The other side of the coin though is that a) if Lia screws up badly she may face scrutiny from the group but also that b) if anyone defies the group dynamic and leader's decision they will have to face questioning from the other characters. To me that is what we have chosen with having a leader.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.