Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 379 of 948

I was sure I clicked for a second attack roll - Page 379 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Sep, 2017 - 6:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 379

Jack is still trying to find a way to divert and/or trap the thing, instead of tackling it head-on, which would be quite an endeavor, even for a powerful group such as this one…

I'm thinking, how damp is the passage ? Is there actual water in and around the Golem ? In that case, maybe a freeze spell might slow him down ?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 11:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Our characters wouldn't know that until we go and see *smile* Nothing wrong with ideas in character, of course.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, there seems to have been a misunderstanding, inevitable given the broken nature of communication. I'll assume at some point you ask a few more questions and get a better understanding.

To clarify on what he is proposing: Snapjaw himself, as well as the 40ish lizardfolk immediately with him, intend to go with you through the underwater tunnel. Some of them will be towing you through a lot faster than you could swim the distance. Once the golem is dealt with, they intend to do the heavy lifting both on the way to the captives and towards the gate, with your bunch acting to deal with any other… unique problems like said golem that might crop up. Once the gate is captured, the remaining 80ish warriors who can't move without alerting the cult will join in on the fun.

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 379 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Oookay, so a "Grazing blow" from that golem makes a whooping 20 Damage ? Jee-wiz…

Jack is staying well away from that thing !

Here's for initiative, though.

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 4:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It is a good idea to stay back, but that was about average damage, I didn't mean it was less than normal.

HP is a bit of an abstract concept, not just "Meat". If a creature like this lands a solid blow, most humanoids would be downed on the spot. As a result, everything up to the last few points of HP are spent avoiding the worst of said blows. Much like a critical hit that takes you down to half health doesn't mean you just took a sword through the chest and walked it off. So generally speaking, all hits until the last few are glancing blows.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Sep, 2017 - 4:54pm

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain, I had a question regarding opportunity attacks in this edition. I have a feeling that Poljen and Velon will need some big heals to stay upright. If Lia moves up and touches one of them on the shoulder and casts cure wounds and steps away would that draw an opportunity attack?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 379

Only if she steps within reach of the golem. But yes, if she gets in that range then steps back without taking the disengage action she'll provoke.

At present, getting close to Poljen would be problematic in this regard. Velon is safer.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Sep, 2017 - 6:34pm

Post Date: 9th Sep, 2017 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 379

I was sure I clicked for a second attack roll but obviously I am mistaken. [..]

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.