Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 386 of 948

Sorry guys. I'm not meaning to hold - Page 386 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Sep, 2017 - 2:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 386

Okay since we're on about hurt feelings and such, let me put in my 2 cents here: Jack's comments, praises at Lia (Which comes pretty damn close to outrageous flirting at times) and other ironies are part of how I imagined him, basically someone that is quite cheeky and unafraid of what others might feel about it, while trying to remain professional and fair in his criticism (Even if he takes it up a notch and has his fun with it all in the meantime).
That's where all the bravado, nicknaming and other exaggerations come in: for example, the speed at which Fay was following Cratol was never in question, Jack used a phrase like "Legging it down the corridor" simply because it was a funny way of describing the situation to him, independently of the actual reality of it. Think about it like scottish humor: as long as the rogue is taking the piss, you're golden, it's just when he starts going quiet that you should start to worry! *wink*

Tackling the subject of being quiet, Jack chose the scouting team uniquely based on Stealth proficiency: so in that case even though Jack did have a crack or two at Cratol's expense (And will have a few more jokes aimed at the young brazen monk before this adventure is over, I have no doubt…) there is no ill-feelings there either.
Simply put, I've checked all characters and picked the ones with the highest Stealth bonus (Cratol's is his Dexterity modifier of +3, unless I'm mistaken ?) I felt it would be better to leave the job to the stealthier members of the group (Stealth +6 and up).
Oh, and yes: Cratol likes to go running ahead on his own without consulting with the rest of the group and that absolutely has the potential to be a liability, at least as far as both I as a player and Jack are concerned. But there too, no personal judgement is involved, it's only a matter of strategy and group dynamics, I think.

One more question for Daishain: what is the situation with the lighting in these tunnels ? For all Jack's cocksure atitude, let's not forget he still can't see in the dark (And let's not even mention Oswald's goggles here, eh…) so that would influence his decision about who goes up ahead to scout and how.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 16th Sep, 2017 - 12:13pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Jack is a very entertaining character. He adds a lot to the campaign. He is moving up fast. Jack only recently joined the group and has already been promoted to head scout. That might ruffle some feathers but it wasn't the intention. He had a good point. The random scouting needed to be reined in and he seemed very qualified to do it.

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

There are torches every once in a while down here. The lighting is pretty dim on average, but there's no point where Darkvision is a must.

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 386 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ash, actually what you wrote was Jack saw Fay following Cratol at full speed down the corridor. It's not what Jack said it's what you wrote he saw that is incorrect. That isn't at all what I wrote and I even rolled stealth, although a pitiful roll it was, to ensure all saw he was at least trying to be stealthy. Now, this is a minor thing. All I'm saying is let's not exaggerate or make assumptions of what other characters are doing. That could get the group into trouble if the Dungeon Master sees it and thinks our characters are doing what you are writing rather than what we are writing.

As far as Jack goes, I love him, he's a great character and I enjoy having Fay interact with him. They have some great dialogue. Now regarding hurt feelings… Fay will definitely have those. I can't wait for him to talk to his dear old mother about this. But that is the role playing part. Personally, this is ninja speaking, making a decision, any decision, is the right thing to do. But Fay sure ain't gonna like it *wink*.

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Actually Ninja, you make a very valid point, I must admit I am guilty of a slight metagaming error here. Although to be honest, the way you guys posted so fast about moving on down the corridor, I had your characters basically trotting in my mind´s eye! My bad, I do stand corrected.

But seriously though, would be a good thing if the in-game bickering over scouting duties and who´s the better leader etc could be kept to a minimum: even considering the roleplaying possibilities, it would seem that our heroes have bigger fish to fry than fighting amongst themselves over what surely would seem mere trifles in the face of impending physical or magical dangers. But yet again, inside tensions and conflicts are part of every team, so why not ?

Let´s see how this all turns out…

Daishain, thanks for the heads-up on the lighting. One question: Jack rolled a Stealth and Perception check a few posts back, would that be applied to his scouting move now still, or would you prefer new rolls?

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 16th Sep, 2017 - 8:10pm

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Oh, Fay doesn't give a lick that Jack was made the leader. Hell, he'll probably say it's a good idea. No, poor Fay has his feelings hurt that his newly found mother listened to you talk about them rushing off and didn't realize he (Fay) just did it so that Cratol wouldn't be up there alone. I mean, the poor kid has some serious issues having grown up thinking his mother abandoned him. Just like you play your character like you perceive him I have to play Fay the same, and when it comes to Lia, well…

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Sep, 2017 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 386

Yeah, Fay will call on his luck to investigate that room and make sure he doesn't miss anything. I don't want him fumbling around and knock a casket down or something that an evil Dungeon Master might do. Not saying the Dungeon Master is evil or anything *wink*.

Post Date: 19th Sep, 2017 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 386

Sorry guys. I'm not meaning to hold up everything. I just want to know which way the lizard folk want us to go. They know this place much better than we do. I'm confused also as to whether they want to take the gate or rescue their kin first.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.