Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 392 of 948

Why do I have the feeling that Paul Nelson's - Page 392 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:27pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 392

All characters can use a bonus action to wield, or in this case throw, some of the smaller weapons. There are a couple of restrictions to deal with when it comes to two weapon fighting, but it is an option for all classes.

Of course, if you attack with your bonus action, you can't use it for your cunning action feature, but that's just a choice you'll need to make round to round.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:29pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

A rogue can use it's Bonus Action to use it's Cunning Action ability, an ability that allows the rogue to do movement related things that normally take a full Action.

Anyone can duel wield but there are limitations (See below, light weapons, damage modifier). One of the Fighting Styles (Fighter/Paladin) and a Feat help you get around those limitations.

(Yes you'd have to choose between using your Bonus Action to use Cunning Action to Dash or Disengage OR use that Bonus Action to make an off hand attack.)

Page 195 of PHB
Two-Weapon Fighting (Combat Rules)

When you take the Attack action and attack with a light melee weapon that you’re holding in one hand, you can use a bonus action to attack with a different light melee weapon that you’re holding in the other hand. You don’t add your ability modifier to the damage of the bonus attack, unless that modifier is negative. If either weapon has the thrown property, you can throw the weapon, instead of making a melee attack with it.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Hmm, Fay would strongly recommend Poljen not go with them. They are invisible, what is the use of being invisible if they have someone not invisible going with them? If he get's discovered they'd lose their invisibility in the ensuing fight. Also, Poljen's fighting skills will most definitely be needed at the gate.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 392 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That funny Ninja. I posted almost exactly the same thing and I didn't read this until afterwards. Surely with invisibility and the stone they will be undetected. If not then they need to find another line of work *wink*.

22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

I'd say that Zarra's skills would be best of use with the stealth team, yet I wasn't around to have my drow say anything. So I guess that means she will help at the gate.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:50pm

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mmh, I'd tend to agree with Ninja's point about Poljen…

Of course, we could also think about it that way: both scouts would open the way, being invisible and able to detect traps etc… yet Poljen could be following a good ways behind them (He doesn't need a light source, remember, so he can follow in the dark), which would allow him to intervene if they get in trouble. The trouble with that being (As Ninja very accurately just pointed out), that if they do need to cross a well-lit room full of cultists there will be no way for Poljen to avoid discovery, which would leave us two choices: either we let him do all the fighting and remain invisible until he's done (Risky but feasible, the man's a meat tank after all !), or we decide to help him, which would negate us the invisibility after this first encounter (Kinda defeating the purpose of the whole thing).

Saying that, there's also the very possible danger of us landing into a room full of dragonkind warriors (Which can pierce invisibility like my grandma cuts buttercake), which would leave the two of us exposed to the heavy fighting (Not something Jack looks forward to).

My take on this would be: divide the group into 2 teams, one fighter and magic-heavy to help with the assault on the gate (Say Lia, Poppo, Mari, Cratol and Velon), while a smaller, stealthier team (Say Poljen, Zarra and Oswald) follows the advanced scouts a good ways behind and takes on the brunt of the fighting until the situation becomes dire and forces Fay and Jack to reveal themselves. That would also leave us the option to further split the team and let Jack and Fay go on ahead if the others find themselves stuck, or wounded after a fight…

Just throwing ideas around. That's Kyr's call in any case.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:56pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 392

Jack thought it would be best to take only two scouts. That way they are both able to have invisibility on them and can share the silence stone. They shouldn't have to fight with those advantadges. This is a case of more isn't better.

Once we begin assaulting the gates the enemy will send every last person they have to defend the keep. I would rather take a chance with just the two than risk discovery with a smaller group following along. This is your chance to be Bilbo Baggins sneaking into Erebor. Remember to never taunt a dragon! wink.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Sep, 2017 - 7:03pm

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2017 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 392

Why do I have the feeling that Paul Nelson's going to post and just say "Poljen just meant let's still stay quiet until right before we strike at the gate." wink.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.