Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 396 of 948

2 questions, one rhetorical, one technical: - Page 396 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Sep, 2017 - 9:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

03rd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 6:25pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 396

Not that I don't appreciate a heroic final stand, but I should note for Fay and Jack's sake, the creature in question does not seem to be acting aggressively (Yet), as if it sees the two of you. You are almost two hundred feet away from the thing, and even the extraordinary senses of dragons have their limits.

Or to give an out of character hint. Yes, it can sense otherwise unseeable things, but you are not within its blindsense radius, so invisibility is still helping, at least until it gets closer.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Sep, 2017 - 6:49pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Ah, I was going to ask about distances but when I heard we are in a hallway I figured it was relatively close, 60' or less. Now I'd like to know how wide this 200' long corridor is and what else we see. Is there anything to hide behind, under, or near?

Also, Fay would always choose the option he chose, sacrificing himself for a friend. I guess it's so ingrained in me after all those years in the military that it's natural for my PCs too. Unless I play an evil PC.

I'll edit my post after I get some more information.

Ash,

I would appreciate you edit yours when I edit mine. Wrestling around with this thing moving in on us is not a wise choice. But if that is your want then that's how we'll play it. [By The Way], how did you see where Fay's mouth was since he's invisible until he starts singing and when he starts singing it's too late.

I'll roll initiative in case we have to tussle with this creature bearing down on us.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 25th Sep, 2017 - 8:11pm

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Don't bother editing, I just posted Jack's instinctive reaction to it (As well as mine). I also re-read the Dungeon Master's post in main thread and it didn't seem that the creature had seen us yet, it was merely going towards us to check on the door. And now this thread just confirmed that.

Let's hope Jack is quick enough to stop his buddy from doing his Swan Song *wink*!
Daishain: I forgot to post Initiative (Not that I'm even sure I'll use it, but still…). Tried to edit it along the rolls in the other thread, but since none of them appears on the edit message thread I wasn't sure how to proceed. So I'll just post it here, do with it what you will.

NOTE: Ninja, just read your last edit to your last post, adressed to me. Not sure on what to do now. Do I re-write a completely different post to Ninja's new post then? How does this work exactly?
By the way, easy enough to know where Fay's mouth is, since they're basically next to each-other. One can assume Jack wouldn't know Fay was about to sing, but he would definitely feel his partner stepping away from the Silence area and that alone could make him react. I'll leave that up to the Dungeon Master.
Nevertheless, I edited the part about actually gagging Fay.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 25th Sep, 2017 - 8:31pm

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 396 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'm not sure Ash. And I'm not upset or anything. Heck, I'm not sure Daishain will even let me edit. In that case, your actions will be the only way to save Fay. Of course, then you become visible.

Regarding the mouth thing, close your eyes and stand next to someone who is a foot to two feet away and try to get his mouth. I think you'll end up finding his eyes, nose, or chin as often as his mouth. Especially since Fay was on the move, so to speak.

As far as the creature was concerned, when I heard hallway I assumed it was fairly close. No, it hadn't sensed us yet, but it would very soon. Fay figured, time to act and save one of us so the mission still gets accomplished. After all, after he (Fay) sings Jack would still be invisible.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

You guys are both free to make edits. It was a misunderstanding of the situation.

Hall is a little under 20' wide and 15' tall. Its pretty much a straight shot to the other end, with no good hiding spaces other than ducking through one of the closed doors on the left. In avoiding this thing, you could go up the stairs, down them, or try your luck with the doors with the elves behind them.

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

So if this goes poorly and Fay dies will this count as Jack living up to the faith Lia has just recently placed in him, or.... ..?

Yikes! wink.gif

PS Whoa, when I just tried to post I received an error, went back a page, and then am pretty sure I was logged in as KN! It had KN's name at the top of the page with the star next to it and said "KNtoran, please be considerate… "in the message above the text window here.

Don't worry KN, I only went into the games you Dungeon Master and killed half of the party while granting the other half level 20 and access to any 10 magic items of their choosing.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 396

Okay, since we can edit I think given the situation Fay would let Jack dictate where to go. Prepare for the edit from hell!

Post Date: 25th Sep, 2017 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 396

2 questions, one rhetorical, one technical:

- rhetorical: Jack grabbing Fay by the arm to restrain him would count as an actual attack? Would that actually break the invisibility spell? In that case, that was never an option.

- technical: how do we edit our posts once the 30 min have ticked by? Do we just post a new message with the EDIT mention at the beginning? Or is there a new trick I wasn't made aware of?

And Cinder: Fay being left to die was never an option for Jack. He'd rather fight a black half-dragon with a sewing needle that having to face THAT sort of situation with Lia.

Reconcile Edited: AshDrunbar on 25th Sep, 2017 - 9:05pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.