Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 399 of 948

Ugh. That's a good point. Zarra has - Page 399 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Sep, 2017 - 1:01am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 399

Ooh I'm looking forward to that, should be fun! (Laugh)

Daishain, is there a keyhole or anything else that would allow one of the party to see into the gatehouse, even if they only see a small fraction of the space in the room? (Misty step just requires the user to be able to see the space they'll be teleporting to as I understand it.)

Additionally, would Velon be able to wager a guess as to the type of lock that would typically be on the other side of such a door and how quickly one could open it from the inside? Not sure if that's something to roll on, or if it would be commonly known that such doors typically only can be opened with a key, are barred, etc. Perhaps they've seen other doors like this elsewhere in the keep.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

There are no keyholes or other gaps. There is however a sliding viewport at about eyelevel (Closed at present). It looks as if the door is barred from the other side, and guards are rather likely to look before opening in response to a knock.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen is doing the heavy lifting on this, literally. It's up to someone else to get the door open. Maybe if the viewport opens, and Velon is looking through, he can BAMF in…

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 9:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 399 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cool, I had to edit my previous post since I was the last to post. I added Velon's action to help Poljen with his plan to try to open the door. If it goes south I described Velon attempting to teleport in and open the door asap.

Misty has quickly become my favorite spell for Velon. As opposed to a squishy sorcerer using it to get out of trouble, it's been fun to use it to get in the thick of things and mix it up, and as just a Bonus Action too. Blur is cool too but it's hard to see its true effect since the Dungeon Master rolls vs. AC happen behind the Dungeon Master screen. He'll never match Poljen's HP and damage absorption so I'm glad to be a secondary tank and find situational ways to help beyond just melee strikes here and there.

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 9:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Some have very useful spells for this. Surely an arcane trickster or wizard has a charm person or a disguise spell?

Post Date: 26th Sep, 2017 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Just remember that Poppo has to maintain his concentration of Jack and Fay will become very exposed, very quickly.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Sep, 2017 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 399

Poppo has a disguise self available but does have to maintain that concentration or as said, the boys are out in the open with big bad dragon dude coming at them. He does have other offensive spells that don't require concentration so he can add some firepower if we need it.

Post Date: 27th Sep, 2017 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 399

Ugh. That's a good point. Zarra has that spell as well. That would be perfect to disguise herself as a guard. She could be one of the elvish ones and she is fluent in elvish. This is the perfect time for that spell or charm person.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Sep, 2017 - 1:01am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.