Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 425 of 948

I agree, we should probably kill it and then - Page 425 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Oct, 2017 - 3:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

09th June 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2017 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 425

Daishain, a few questions for you. Your description made me think the rune circle was deactivated but maybe not fully destroyed since the godslayer was not done destroying it? Could/should I perhaps roll arcana to see if Velon thinks it could still be used?

Has Velon heard the godslayer a speak? Alternatively could I roll something to discern their intelligence level and whether this one would be worth questioning?

Lastly, would tying the beast up seem like a viable option, or is it just too big and strong?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2017 - 1:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I do not believe it will be alive to talk. With everyone attacking it while it is paralyzed I do believe the damage will be enough to kill it. It was a idea Velon but one that will be wasted. Hopefully one of or magic wielders can figure out how to get the runes active again and follow the mask.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2017 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

You guys probably won't kill it this round, the bugger is quite tough. Whether or not it passes its will save after you're done whanging on it in Round 2 will determine whether or not it is still paralyzed for an easy kill or slightly easier capture in round 3.

You suspect that a capture might be possible if it is not paralyzed, but the attempt would be extremely dangerous, especially with the group low on resources as things stand.

Based on your earlier roll, you recall that all of the Spawn of Tiamat (The category to which Godslayers belong, along with the Stalker you killed a few months ago), have at least rudimentary intelligence, enough to understand language and follow complex instructions. Not all of them can speak however, and you don't recall whether or not these guys can.

Anyone can feel free to roll Arcana to guess at whether or not the rune circle is still usable, but there will be no way to be sure until you get a chance to examine it without weapons being slung all over the place.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Oct, 2017 - 1:54pm

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2017 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 425 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Capture would make the most sense if we can, given the state of our magical resources and hit points. It must know where she went. EIther that or we check out the bronze thing upstairs and see if she went to that place in the swamp.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2017 - 2:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Capturing it is extremely dangerous. Who knows if ropes will hold it if we get it tied up. Then it is no easy task tying up a creature that big before he passes a save.

All it takes is one good round for it and it could kill any of our characters at this point. It did 29 to Poljen earlier which would have been 58 to anyone else. There is no coming back from an instant death hit which we would be in "Grave" danger of. We don't have the means to resurrect a dead character right now. Besides, I have faith that our cook can figure a way out to follow Rezmir *wink*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 9th Oct, 2017 - 2:30pm

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2017 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Not to downplay the potential danger, but Poljen is out of rages, and thus no longer has his uber damage reducing ability active, that 29 was just a 29.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Oct, 2017 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 425

Yes I think we should kill it and not allow it the chance to do any more serious harm to any of us. We can figure out where to go after it is removed. Not having this creature come after us as we follow the mask could be a very good thing and wasting time trying to tie it up and then have to kill it slows us down when we do not really have the time to be slowed down. Just my thought on this.

9th Oct, 2017 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 425

The Quiet Shadow says...

I agree, we should probably kill it and then call it a night. Get our characters rested up, healed up, and then off to figure out how to get that mask.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.