Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 436 of 948

Daishain, around what time of day is it now - Page 436 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Oct, 2017 - 2:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
18th Oct, 2017 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 436

The Quiet Shadow says...

The ability of copying spells among the party wizards is definitely a plus when playing the class, as even if you start with completely different spells you can then swap and have all the more spells available. If only there was a way of doing the equivalent to such with other classes.

Admittedly I've also heard the argument that wizards should generally be a lot more selfish and unwilling to share with their spells even if the players they may have their characters swap anyway. Honestly though I never really put too much thought into such, as perhaps adventuring wizards just simply more generous when it comes to allowing another to copy from their spell book.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 18th Oct, 2017 - 6:10pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Oct, 2017 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes, wizards do gain a big advantage by sharing spell books, even if they don't spend the money on copying the spells. This is typically offset by having to memorize the spells, and not have random access to all their known spells at any time as some classes do. Also, it's atypical for multiple pure wizards to be in a party, usually there will be one pure wizard and a multiclass or wizard-using variant, so there is not a huge library available normally. My character personality is all for the gathering, sharing and spreading of knowledge, so this may be unusual for the wizard class, but even he has glyphs on his spellbook to prevent casual use.
I agree with you about adventuring wizards, also. Any wizard who is willing to sacrifice comfort and safety for adventure would probably be much more likely to share his knowledge with fellow casters in a party, [in my opinion]. A tower-bound wizard has other goals and would certainly be more likely to be unwilling to let people copy his or her home work. biggrin.gif.

Post Date: 18th Oct, 2017 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Aye, knowledge is precious, spell knowledge even more so. For someone whose business is that knowledge, expecting them to keep it close to their chest is reasonable.

For a wizard in the field though, his life depends on his companions being effective. If that means letting his companions know a few extra tricks…

And yeah, don't forget that a Wizard does not have truly fluid access to all those spells. At any given moment, one won't have much more access than say a sorcerer.

Post Date: 19th Oct, 2017 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 436 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I seriously have always loved the Hut spell, even more so in 5e. An invulnerable shield, opaque from the outside dome, that keeps a large area warm, lit and dry? If I only had one spell I could cast, this would likely be it smile.gif.

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2017 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

A note in regards to Lawrance's comment.

I should have better explained the scale involved. The indentation I spoke of is well over a thousand feet across, and roughly circular. Even the largest of Wyrms would not make an impression that large, nor one that deep.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Oct, 2017 - 1:32am

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2017 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah, that’s a bit more than I had thought it was! smile.gif I’ll post a follow up.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2017 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 436

By the by knight, among the other perks of a premium account: Your time limit on editing posts is extended to 24 hours. Changing up your second to last post so it makes more sense should be quite doable.

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2017 - 2:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 436

Daishain, around what time of day is it now for our characters? I know we found the village pretty quickly but we had to maneuver to get into a good position to release the birds.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.