Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 490 of 948

No worries Thomas, it's a huge decision - Page 490 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Nov, 2017 - 3:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 490

Yes spending the FP on gems is always a risk but those risks can pay off over time. Just remember that all gems are not always a positive bonus but it can make your character unique too.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 8:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yup that's the hardest part to swallow for any multiclass I've looked at, including Velon, eating those spells and higher slots you lose. Some multi-class builds are certainly better than others. Velon is fairly versatile but he could never tank like Poljen, cast like Poppo/Lawrance, or heal like Lia. It's still fun though. He may choose to stand back in some fights in the future and keep that concentration up for Haste on Cratol and Poljen or something instead of himself, twin some heals, etc. We'll see!

(My fighter 3, warlock 5 will probably be a tiny bit sub-optimal too, but I don't care if it fits the story and is fun to play!).

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2017 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I’ve never played a character with the idea of min/max on ability. I always like the role-play aspect, even if it Handicaps some of the characters abilities. It’s a lot more fun to play a creation that has some uniqueness to it.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 21st Nov, 2017 - 9:23pm

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2017 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 490 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, I just want to confirm. I believe Velon is at 10HP from Tazskan? It seems that Lora's second healing potion of 8HP may still have been a bit too soon? Thanks.

I also forgot that Velon has the armor that prevents crits. I believe you said Rezmir [Critical Hit]. I'll have to remember that next time and say something. Oops!

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 22nd Nov, 2017 - 12:49pm

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2017 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, Lawrance used a stored Cure wounds also on Cratol. I didn't see any mention of that as well.

I don't particularly care about having a min/max character either. I don't want one that can't contribute either though. Thankfully 5e is pretty forgiving in that aspect. You have to work hard to make a really weak character.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Nov, 2017 - 12:58pm

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2017 - 1:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah it seems in 5e you'd really have to go out of your way to put your stats in all of the 'wrong' areas and take zero spells that are effective in combat, damage aside, but not even heals, buffs, crowd control, etc.

I've barely ever played other versions, so it's interesting hear from all of you on how 5e is different when these things come up.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Nov, 2017 - 3:08pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 490

The Quiet Shadow says...

My apologies if it appears I'm making my character be a bit too much of a spoilsport. I'm basing this off the fact that whenever she's on assignment or on a mission, she tends to prefer to avoid unnecessary distraction.

Personally I think would be pretty cool to have a flying castle, if we can pull it off, but the same time there is that element of risk that as long as we stick around there's always the chance the mission can fail. Either by us being killed, or the mask being taken back.

Mainly, I just wanted to verify that this insistence is for the most part completely on my character and I hope it isn't getting annoying.

Post Date: 22nd Nov, 2017 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 490

No worries Thomas, it's a huge decision for the group and we can't role play it appropriately without addressing that the obvious choice is to leave. I'm a bit torn myself since I'll probably be going against what my character would really do to instead enhance the fun, since that is what we are here for as players. I fear we could easily mess up and snatch failure from the jaws of success here.

I also fear another thing most of all. If we stay and it goes bad, those with the mask and scroll could be forced to leave without the whole party. What if they take someone prisoner, and want to trade the mask for Poljen or Lora or Poppo or Cratol? (Etc) Do we run and hide in the room and teleport out for the sake of the mission, or do we choose to fail the mission to ensure all party members survive? Velon will fear this in character, and I fear such choices out of character as everyone may not be happy with whatever choice is made.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.