Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 6 of 948

Just as a suggestion, come up with a master - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Jan, 2017 - 10:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 948 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 9th Jan, 2017 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 6

For those not familiar, Mystra is the goddess of Magic. Her weave is something of a sublayer to the reality you know, and serves as an access point and a basis for spells to be used by mortal beings. Arcane magic is performed by manipulating the weave itself. Divine magic uses the weave as a conduit with which one can request and receive divine power.

Anyone capable of casting level one spells is able to 'hear' the vibration in the weave mentioned in the main thread, but it is easier to perceive for those with greater spell levels. Arcana checks from those able to sense the disturbance may reveal more information. If you can think of any experiments you can perform in the same pursuit while on the move, describe them here and I'll let you know the results. Feel free to make up something, even if it falls outside of your RAW abilities, so long as it is relatively realistic.

Rather off topic, but...
Auto correct keeps getting in the way with more obscure language. Can't even use the word won't (<- hint, I didn't put that apostrophe in there).

Sponsored Links:
9th Jan, 2017 - 6:24pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Feeling the slight disturbance within the weave, Sar'ai closes her eyes and attempts to reach out with her magical senses to try to "Feel" what is the cause or effect of the odd vibration.

(Basically Sar'ai will use Detect Magic as a ritual to facilitate this arcana check.).

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Arcana on D20 (+3): 12 (1 roll)

9th Jan, 2017 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Quiet Shadow says...

Sadly, Geoffroy is a divine caster not a arcane so he won't be able to participate in the experimentation of the weave.

I will admit, part of me does wonder if we might be moving a little quickly, with little time to actually roleplay and post for our character interacting with each other or NPCs. I would have liked to have Geoffroy speak with the Order and have some perhaps less then pleasant interaction with the dragon blooded sorceress.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2017 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

@Brandonfett, Sarai is able to pick up a definite pattern to the disturbance, but is not familiar with its nature. Will she be pointing this out to others?

@Thomaslee, Divine casters are affected by this, and can try to assist with figuring it out, they're just at something of a disadvantage in that regard, since their connection with the weave doesn't involve much knowledge of its nature.

As to how fast I'm moving this, it is mainly a matter of moving the principle storyline along for the sake of those who don't have much to do in the interim.

Me fast forwarding a little doesn't automatically prevent you from adding in your own interactions. Generally speaking, you are entirely free to describe any action or encounter that would've occurred during the course of my last major post. Any discussions with the Order and/or with Lady Miruviel while traveling over the past several days are still entirely fair game.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Jan, 2017 - 7:18pm

9th Jan, 2017 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

When you say pattern, what exactly do you mean? Is it like a pulse type of thing, like the magic is fluctuating in intensity put in a pattern?

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2017 - 10:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Think of it like listening to a conversation in a language you don't know, but are beginning to learn. You don't know the meaning of what you hear, and can't even be certain it is the same language, but there are familiar aspects, and it definitely isn't just the magical equivalent of white noise.

Oh, also, your Message cantrip fizzled out, just like Cahleth's Detect Poison did. Which seems odd as your Detect Magic ritual went through without a hitch.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Jan, 2017 - 10:31pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jan, 2017 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 6

The Quiet Shadow says...

Hmm, honestly I haven't even thought of what spells Geoffroy has prepared for the day. Whoops, probably should get on that. Sighs, I wish things hadn't been busy the last few days at work in which I was there. It leaves me unable to post usually until the evening and so much happens between when I last posted and where you all are now. I'll see what I can put together.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 9th Jan, 2017 - 10:34pm

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2017 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

Just as a suggestion, come up with a master spell list. The ones you would prepare on any day you have little to no idea what that day will require of you.

With that in place, you would only have to worry about it when your knowledge causes you to swap things out.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.