Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 513 of 948

Unless Daishain says otherwise, those without - Page 513 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 5th Dec, 2017 - 5:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 513

You have some interesting points about trying for some called shots. But look at the House Rules (Start of this thread). It imposes Disadvantage. Right now one of the best things Poljen can do is keep rolling with Advantage. In three rounds he has delivered 134 points of damage. I will stick with simple, straightforward attacks.

If this were a real world, with biology and physics and the like, I'd gladly give it a try. But this is the hand we've dealt ourselves. I will play it this way.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Suddenly I regret specifying beyond "They're not wearing armor"

In any case, be cautious of promising a familiar's assistance in combat. Either of them take a single hit and they're dead.

As to Velon's indirect query, it'l take five rounds to run up those stairs. If you're going to try to intervene, I suggest starting now.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yeah, while Velon doesn't like the approach, I believe only one light blow (8 points to Cratol) has been reported to him thus far. I thus don't feel like he'd go ringing the dinner bell that is his armor sprinting around yet. If they start getting pounded on badly that might change, in as little as one Dungeon Master post. For now he's just preparing because he doesn't like the odds. He doesn't have the concept of fire giant hit points in his head, etc. Like I do.

Wow, I haven't looked at the damage rolls. If Poljen has done that much already, you might be totally fine. Impressive!

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 513 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

We are doing well but the Giants haven't really gone yet. One round can change things. Poljen can handle a lot of damage. I think Cratol is about to get bounced around the room though.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah if he can dance around and not get hit he can still do some damage. He is not doing a lot but he is doing some.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 4:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Using a familiar to attack is a major mistake, unless there are other targets. Helping action to give advantage is fine, anything more and you could lose him. The sting also won’t have any significant effect on the giant.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 5:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 513

That is what I was thinking too. Cratol has done 36 damage on the female so he is not going down without hurting her.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2017 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 513

Unless Daishain says otherwise, those without built-in advantage should get advantage on one attack each round, from the two familiars providing distraction on each giant? I’d be reluctant to do more, but I could send through a shocking grasp, if things get hairy and if within 100 feet.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 5th Dec, 2017 - 5:14am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.