Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 624 of 948

There would be no change to when characters - Page 624 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 624

Yes I will keep my actions as posted since that was the intent. Perhaps we need to know the initiative of the enemy at the start of battle to know whether to bother to post or not since until the enemy has acted since, in a fight like this, it will drastically change what the PC might do and render previous posts null and void?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I was thinking much the same, there have been enemies that have caused problems for you before, but nothing as disruptive as this. I intend to treat Glazhael's move as the end of the round from here on, and will likely do the same for other foes like him.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

With a dispel magic spell going off he will be visible and attack able I hope. I think he is on his last legs. I think we are very close on this.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 624 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The dispel will have to be done as a readied action, neither he nor the spell are actually present to be dispelled. But yes, it should help.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It's a tough call. Having bosses go last seems like a huge advantage to our party. We have many more attacks a turn than one creature does. I understand though due to the nature of Play By Post.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah, sorry, please don’t think of it as complaining. Just trying to picture what is happening. You know I love this campaign. I figure if I’m getting confused obviously I should ask, and at least one other could be confused too.

If intitiative order is A, B, C, Z*, D, E, F where ‘Z’ is the bad guy, it would seem to me that round one is A,B,C,Z. Round two then becomes D,E,F,A,B,C,Z again, ending with the big Dungeon Master post. Basically those rolling high on initiative would get an opening round, then the Init. Order gets rewritten such that the enemy is last. I’d be happy to take on the job of writing up the init order in a post once rolls are in. Not sure how often you roll several initiatives for different bad guy groupings Dashain. Perhaps in those cases we just let you do what you’ve always done and make people’s post work, readjusting targets, etc. It’s mostly just this big ol dragon that’s giving us fits! smile.gif.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:19pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 624

Why would those rolling higher on initiative get two turns essentially to the lower rolling ones? Sorry. That example confuses me. I could see that for a surprise round only.

I played in a Play By Post campaign once that had people post by initiative. Whoever had the highest initiative posted and the Dungeon Master would make a post about the results. Then it would be an enemy or another PC's turn. It avoided any confusion but was much slower.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:26pm

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 624

There would be no change to when characters act relative to each other, nor are there extra turns with this. Those with the highest initiative go first, then everyone proceeds in order.

The only change is that the updates will come such that the big guy is the last one with an acknowledged move. That way, you know that what you plan as your move is not going to be interrupted by random ice walls and the like, requiring you to change what you're doing, the big guy's just finished doing what he was going to do to screw with you.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:34pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.