Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 625 of 948

For Croft's query, no, you can ready - Page 625 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 625

Sorry if that’s confusing. It’s not extra turns. It’s actually exactly what’s already happening other than clarity around when the Dungeon Master post comes in. Poljen, for example, already has one more turn taken into account by the Dungeon Master than Velon because he rolled higher than the dragon. I’m one big Dungeon Master post behind constantly because I rolled lower than the dragon. In a sense I’ve been posting actions one round too early all fight long. (Although this didn’t seem to be an issue in round 1, this the root of my confusion.). The firebolt I posted previously is currently being ignored by the Dungeon Master because the dragon goes before me and hadn’t acted yet. Daishain will take my previous post into account in his next. Perhaps I shouldn’t be referring to rounds, but rather my turn relative to the dragons. The second time Poljen posted a turn in this fight he was reacting to the dragons first major post of actions (In round 1). The second time Velon posted a turn in this flight he was reacting to the dragons second major actions post (Middle of round 2).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I understand what you mean now. Lora has been experiencing the same thing. I have felt behind the action most of this fight.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Kyrroeth, I just noticed something. If you also have another slot available for a 1 or 2, you could toss a Healing Word as a Bonus Action on someone. In addition to the Dispel…

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 625 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Rather off topic, but...
Trying to catch up with the flurry of posts (Was I the only one who worked New Year's Eve?).

It looks like Ignazio is being encouraged to blast the dragon with readied actions. My question is do you get a bonus action along with your readied action?

As an aside Paul, Ignazio cast fly when the dragon was on a ledge out of range. You said it would be better if you got your full attack instead of just your ranged attack. Also I don't know if Cratol even has a way to attack from range, so fly seemed like a good idea.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

How about this for an example: 1 is a person who rolled higher than the big bad, 2 is the big bad, 3 rolled lower. * represents when a main post update comes.

Normally, we've been doing this: 123*123*123*
Revised would be like this: 12*312*312*312

There's no difference in actual turns, the difference is that when 3 is planning his move, it is with the big bad's turn in mind.

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Paul, you can't cast two non cantrip spells on the same turn. I'll heal him next turn if she lives.

I really like that Daishain. It will help avoid confusion for the characters acting later in the round.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:50pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 625

Croft, I totally get why you cast that. It made sense in that single round. If Poljen had been able to reach it with a furious run-&-climb he would have gone and done it. But I wanted to get the others out of that fog behind the ice wall, and since Lawrance had put a storm up on the ledge, I figured the creature would be coming back down to us. So I crushed the wall, confident the dragon would be back on the floor of the cave shortly.

If you had asked me, or if Ignazio had asked Poljen, I would have recommended keeping the Haste up as more useful, leaving another spell slot for something you could use against the dragon.

EDIT: Kyrroeth, I thought that you could cast a spell that is an Action, and spell that happens to be a Bonus Action, on the same turn… man, magic is confusing… that is why I usually play rogues and fighter-types.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:50pm

Post Date: 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 625

For Croft's query, no, you can ready a single normal action (Or a bonus action for that matter, but not both), and setting off the readied action also consumes your reaction for the round.

Paul, there's a rule stating that if you cast a bonus action spell and a standard action spell, only one of them can be a level 1 or higher spell, the other must be a cantrip.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 1st Jan, 2018 - 4:58pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.