Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 637 of 948

Poppo will spend his time helping with retrieving - Page 637 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Jan, 2018 - 7:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 637

Daishain, when you say Charm effects, does that include things like that Crown of Madness spell?

I am going to roll my HP here. If I roll really terribly I might go for the Toughness feat or whatever it is called.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol had also asked for a belt of hill giant strength so If that is still available for him that would be grand if not I will have to look for something different.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 6:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Wow Paul, wow. Sorry to see that roll. Toughness then? sad.gif

So far I picture Velon's goals being to… a) contact Silas and Lia b) watch over the castle and help plan how to protect it and fly it once again, including taking several days worth of Detect Magic and Divine Sense uses to scour the castle for any remaining secrets c) go to Suzail to take make his Oath and perhaps seek out a high level wizard, too?

Daishain, how many days travel in total would the trip to Suzail be? Would anyone know the likelihood of finding a high level caster to create an air elemental and/or place different wards around the castle for us? I'm not sure if this risks a high level wizard trying to take the castle from us or anything, or what the wizards in our own party would advise around keeping the place safe.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 637 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Rolling a 1 on Hit points is something I hate to see and so I have those that roll that reroll I do not know if Daishain will allow that but it is worth a try.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It was bound to happen to Paul. He has been rolling 9's and up for all his hit point increases. It has to be low sometime. That reminds me Paul. Another good feat for Poljen would be lucky. Three rerolls a day is quite nice.

Lora will take a +2 shortsword for her rare item.

Daishain, will you please set Kyrroeth to active so I can edit her to level her up?

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th Jan, 2018 - 6:32pm

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

In order to protect the place more or less permanently would require a LOT of casting time. As per the level 6 Guards and Wards spell - "You can create a permanently guarded and warded structure by casting this spell there every day for one year." That basically precludes having a high-level caster (11 at least!) set up protections. It'll have to wait until one of us levels up enough to spend spell slots on protects of that level.
For now, closing the holes should be well within our skills, and I specifically chose Stone Shape as the freebie spell for leveling, to enable this.
Two weeks of down time is very useful for other reasons, not the least of which is wizard's madly copying spells between spellbooks. Guess where most of Lawrance's cash is going to go? biggrin.gif
I'm also eyeing Teleportation Circle for level 9 as a great way for us to move between castle and other places.

Dai, what happens if a caster misses a daily casting of spells like these while doing the year-long prep? Do they just have to add the castings at the end to total 365 castings, or is the whole year lost?

As a side note, I always just take the average roll for HP, rather than depending on luck. HP rolls are too permanent.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 4th Jan, 2018 - 7:09pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 637

Kyrroeth is only exaggerating a little bit. I have been tremendously lucky on my HP rolls. Without the modifier on the d12, I think I have only rolled below a 6 once previously. Still, I am not sold on Toughness. Yes, it gives Poljen a bunch more HP, but that is all. I am looking for something that does more. If I boost CON, I get more HP, and a better CON save roll. If I boost Dexterity I get better skills, and Dexterity saves. Same with Strength, and I can lose the gloves for something else. Whether it is the ring or another item.

Daishain, is there an item that would give Poljen Haste? A ring or amulet or something? I know some people say that a spell can be cast on him, but a bad Concentration check drops it.

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 637

Poppo will spend his time helping with retrieving the treasure, assisting with copying spells with Lawrance so that we have identical copies our books and can then sell off the other books if we want or store them in the castle for backups.
Poppo would also assist in any way with Zarra's resurrection if required and would see that she is cared for while she recovered her strength from the ordeal. He would spend part of each day with her telling her stories of what was happening (Probably more than she ever wanted to know) while trying to help the party secure the castle. He'd also want to be in at any meeting with Silas to turn over the mask.

Out of Character: : Poppo is levelled up (Used avg hit point increase). What is the rule on gaining/learning new spells when you level?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.