Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 645 of 948

In the interests of avoiding lots of bookkeeping, - Page 645 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Jan, 2018 - 10:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

15th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 948 pgs.  641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 2:48pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 645

Hi All,

It seems we've created a lot of managerial work for ourselves with the castle. I've been pondering the best way to get through it so we can enjoy our most awesome new toy / home but also get back to the real questing soon. We haven't even gone to Suzail or to see the giants yet as Poljen wants to do! Perhaps we should start some of those things in the side thread while we work out the castle here?

Someone else is probably better than I at managing this, and perhaps we should link a doc for it, but I started a list below. It will clearly need to be copied, pasted, and edited, this is just my first scratch list. What rolls can we fill ourselves? I think we can do several roles ourselves to save money, but may need to ensure the roll can be covered while we are questing. Piloting is one example as we can take care of that 90% of the time but perhaps Esmerandia can learn to pilot it when we are questing? Can Nikolaos’s mother cover the kitchen, or do we need more of a trained chef? Can Poljen, Velon, or another be guard captain, leaving a few NPC Lieutenants in charge when we venture off? I think we can cover treasurer, no? Also not sure if laborers to help our head engineer build things or cooks count as skilled or unskilled workers.

I do think we are skimping on the castle’s share of the treasure, but hopefully transporting goods for Cratol’s people to new customers afar will slow the rate at which we eat through our acquired coin.
Guard Captain (1) - skilled - 2GP day - (Free if it’s Poljen, Velon, etc.?)
Guard Lt. (3) - skilled, 2GP day -
Guards (36) - skilled, 2GP day -
Treasurer (1) - skilled, 2GP day - (Free if it’s Lawrence and/or another PC?)
Engineer (1) - skilled - 2GP day -
Engineer’s Laborers (3) - unskilled, 2SP day -
Pilot (1*) - (Free if it’s the PC’s and Esmerandia)
Head of Kitchen (1) - (Nikolaos’s mother trained in this?)
Cooks (3) - skilled?
Maids (10) - unskilled, 2SP day -

PS. Perhaps a vault needs to be built to house the coin and other valuables? It will need strong mundane defenses AND defenses against magic.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

In the interest of this game not becoming bogged down in too much bookkeeping, how about this.

You guys let me know in general terms what you want to do with the castle, and how you want to go about paying for it, and I'll handwave most of the details, occasionally adding in things you need to get done for the sake of upkeep.

You can probably get more out of it if you do handle the details, and if someone was actually looking forward to that, that is an option. But for the moment, I think most would rather get on with the game.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Jan, 2018 - 3:37pm

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The fact that a lot of remodeling was done by the cult we do not have to do a lot. Maybe clean up some blood. I know Cratol will want a room up towards the top. HE would not mind the study where the walls become see through as we move across the sky as his room.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 3:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 645 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes I would think some smaller furniture could be brought in for the comfort of all who reside here without too much cost, but the rest of the subdividing ideas could be put on hold until more cash is saved up. Building/engineering should probably be focused on defenses and the like.

Any volunteers to manage the fine details if someone has an interest, or should we take Daishain's offer?

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Other than a casual interest in designing the castle, I'd go with Diashain's general idea. The initial seed money for hiring and such, the regular trade route to maintain it, and side trips for our quests sounds fine. As far as magical defenses, those aren't easily done in 5e as even the least of them require a year of casting to do. Best we can do is physical defenses, even it's putting all the valuable stuff into a hole and Stone Shaping it closed, 5' deep.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Sounds good. Maybe something like this on top of some type of staffing list similar to what has already been discussed?

- GoT esque anti-dragon ballistas? (2-4 range?)
- magic bow ballista build
- a stone wall to seal up the cavern (Unless the space is needed for hauling, in which case a large metal gate instead?)
- simple wooden ramp mechanism for launching stone and barrels of oil off the side to destroy enemy armies?
- furniture and other basic needs (Pots and pans, wood stove, etc.) to outfit everything for humanoid size use that hasn't already been taken care of by the cult

What else?

Could a 'city rooftop garden' type thing be created by carting in tons of dirt and spreading it over a football field sized area out in the courtyard? Just a random idea. Not sure if it gets too cold at the height we fly at.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 645

There'd have to be some experimentation to see how far out the magic field extends that makes us float, but what about adding /stone shaping larger ground area to fit to the edges, for farming and such. The environment is comfortable for us, and light wouldn't be an issue, so I think we could grow stuff, at least to a certain amount.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 12th Jan, 2018 - 5:01pm

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 645

In the interests of avoiding lots of bookkeeping, I say we leave it to Daishain with vague, general instructions. If there is anything he thinks we need to handle personally, we can do that.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.