Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 677 of 948

Velon would ask Zarra to do it since Zarra - Page 677 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Feb, 2018 - 3:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

14th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2018 - 5:17am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 677

Like Cinder, I'm also in the "Follow the trail on foot" camp. It seems a bit much and overly complicated having Lia ferry people back and forth and dealing with familiars, rotations, 3-axis movements, and the air speed velocity of swallows. There's too high of a chance of losing the trail and it's kind of against the spirit of Dungeons & Dragons in general to go so far out of the way to avoid adventure.

Furthermore, there's no guarantee that these people we're after haven't already reached their destination given the one week headstart they had. They don't necessarily have to be out in the open either. In fact, I'd say it's much more likely that they're in a cave or, you know, dungeon, which would be difficult to see from the sky.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2018 - 5:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I thought that Cinder posted about taking the airborne option earlier. That is why I posted as I did. This is one of those moments where the leader's decision should be final on the matter. People have shared their opinions and it is up to Velon to make the call. Lia will support him in whatever his decision is. I'm just ready to begin the next phase of our campaign. A month of downtime is enough.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2018 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Right, he went with the idea begrudgingly, hoping to move forward with the story. Re-read his posts. He initially made a decision and wanted to grab supplies quickly so that we could follow the trail on foot. After that decision, folks started pushing the familiar/Skycastle plan which brought up 1) ferrying people back to the castle, 2) whether or not familiars could even do that, and other things which bogged things down. I totally understand why he's frustrated.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2018 - 6:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 677 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It was a idea and I understand that the castle moves faster. Now that we have found the trail again lets see if we can figure out where they went. Are we landing and disembarking or looking for possible places where this Dwarf and company may be laying in wait as he knows what to look for when it comes to the skycastle?

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2018 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Okay, can I get a Survival check to follow the tracks? From one person only please, but with advantage for having help.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2018 - 3:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Zarra has the best survival score followed followed by Niko. One of those two should be the one to roll in my opinion.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Feb, 2018 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 677

Yeah that is what I was thinking. Have the one with the best chance roll so we hopefully get a much better chance.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2018 - 3:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 677

Velon would ask Zarra to do it since Zarra has Expertise in survival. I see that Lia gets a +4 as well.

Edit: (Laugh), looks like we all agree on that!

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 8th Feb, 2018 - 3:34pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.