Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 705 of 948

I think I, and Poljen, have had enough. I - Page 705 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Mar, 2018 - 10:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 705

The impy part of me is considering having Poljen just blurt out something along the lines of, "But you promised the devils to get rid of the old seer, right? So you'll be breaking faith with either them, or this one, right?" It might be just the way to kick off a nasty fight!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

That would actually be hilarious. Perry just facepalms and is like, "Ugh, I can't even deal with this right now."

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

(Laugh), yeah I'm down. I'm on the fence, really. I'm always game for a good ol' fight so we can have our run of this place, maybe even get some loot. This situation does seem tough though, as we are surrounded by difficult foes and Varram is at risk.

If it's a fight I'll probably have Velon misty step over to Varram to protect him and yell to Lia and Niko to keep him healed.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 705 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Why do we care so much about Varram? I mean, trying to get intell out of him would be fine, but we want the mask. If we use the pool to scry its location, we're good. But to use it, I think we'll need to fight. And we, well, it was Perry I think, who promised the devils we'd get rid of Diderius so they can head home… the naga will not go along with that… I will hold off for at least a few hours to see if others want to chime in before uttering that phrase… or opting not to, of course.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes, I don't see us needing varram alive. He's just another cultist going after a mask. The scryin pool would be useful if it gives us direction to another mask, so we can be preemptive.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 5:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yeah, just for info on the cult or anything he knows about mask locations. I'm guessing it's nothing on the latter. I'd love to know who's in charge of all of the cults getting together. Dude I still swear it's going to be Protanther. Seems like kind of a dick and is eager to get his hands on the masks. On that note, I fully intend to deny him one of the masks if we get more, keeping it under the watch of the Blaze. I bet he freaks out. I'm be eager to test him, although if it angers Silas that would be tough for Velon.

Anyhow, yeah, if we make a deal with the nagas we probably have to go the route of summoning a Merut later to come get rid of Diderius, freeing Perry from his contract and sending the devils home. Because of that last part, we could promise to get rid of the devils for them, since we fully intend to anyhow. We just won't say how. Risky if they are reading minds. We're certainly not leaving anyone behind while we go deal with another problem for them, and I'd even be hesitant for someone to give up a great magical item. At what point do you just kill crap in Dungeons & Dragons before giving up your favorite item, etc.?

Basically, I'll risk the TPK and will be ready for a new character if it comes to that.

Edit: PS: I know cultists rarely give up good info, especially key plot info, so at the risk of being a little meta with out of character thoughts, Varram probably has diminished value really.

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 8th Mar, 2018 - 5:29pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 705

Couple of things here:

1) Varram might actually know where the mask is if the ritual to see into the pool worked for his crew before being spirited away by the snakes. Diderius told us that his crew couldn't figure out how to make it work, but his speech was less than reliable at times.

2) Using the pool might also be dangerous and/or not work as it was described to need several people and came at a hefty price to use.

Keeping both options open increases the chances of us learning where the mask is. Also, as you've said, keeping Varram alive has the added benefit of intel gathering on the cult, but he also perhaps has other information regarding the mask aside from its location.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 705

I think I, and Poljen, have had enough. I am going to shortly have Poljen post what he is thinking. If the naga decides to over-react, well, so be it! wink.gif.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.