Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 706 of 948

Umm, Cinder, a fireball is a 20 foot radius. - Page 706 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Mar, 2018 - 11:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

26th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 706

Yeah man, I've been ready for a fight for about 2 days. My biggest concern, besides these guys just being tough in general, is starting positioning and no time to chat in character about a plan. Was going to Message every single person, but them reading minds is bad. Would love to fireball the small ones down, like perhaps the four Yp's in the back, but people are standing there and we can't plan it in character. Oh well!

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 8th Mar, 2018 - 10:24pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 10:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I was saving the epic rage moment for you, buddy. For once, I think our characters actually agree on something!

Stupid snakes.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 10:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Perhaps we'll end up pausing here as we roll initiative and wait for the players that are away? This may be a case, more than ever, where it's good to just roll initiative, see the order including bad guys, and go from there. I think this is going to be a tough one. Hate to have the people in the back of the initiative order saying they are going to run over and hit things if the people in front of them want to AoE, CC, etc. If I'm in the back of the order I will plan to wait and see what others do first.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 706 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, it'll be hard without coordination. I've got a big AoE that's going up, if timing works, that's why I was wondering about our positions. Lawrance even stated he was remaining near the back, although worried about the snake door suddenly attacking him in the back, too. I think initiative and combat is the only path forward, now. 20K, indeed! Lawful arrogant, more than lawful evil *smile*.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yeah, I was going to fireball the smaller ones, but since Lawrance is back there and I don't know where everyone else is, I guess I'll AoE... The boss? Ugh, not exactly normal tactics. Oh well, Velon can start yelling out instructions.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 11:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Everyone should be posting location as well in game, so we can populate the map properly. Storm Sphere is a 20' radius 2d6 Strength AoE with added 4d6 lightning to single targets by spell attack roll, so it's not a big bang, just a lot of wind. One of the effects should be to give disadvantage on any suggestions whispered into our ears, I'm hoping. The Yuan-Ti and Naga are not telepaths. The Naga just continually reads minds.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 8th Mar, 2018 - 11:06pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 706

Yeah, go ahead and get me initiatives and map locations. I'll run Cratol and Lia as NPCs in this fight until their players return.

As to her being lawful arrogant, yes and no. Serpentfolk already think of themselves as superior to other races. Get one that carries an aspect of the divine as a part of them, even if only a miniscule piece of a minor deity, and it is almost heresy to them to suggest you could prevail here.

That stated, the arrogance is also partly justified, she is a powerful being in many respects, and she is immortal. Even in the unlikely (In her opinion) event you do defeat her, you don't have access to the kind of magics required to prevent her from being reborn in a few days. Pretty much the only reason she was willing to talk at all was her servants are not so easily replaced, and you'd already proven adept at killing them.

Post Date: 8th Mar, 2018 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 706

Umm, Cinder, a fireball is a 20 foot radius. If Velon drops it that close, he'll be encompassed by the blast.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.