Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 708 of 948

Guys, please try to keep out of character - Page 708 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Mar, 2018 - 5:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 708

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Tiny Hut is intended as a spell for the party during rests, not during combat. As the great Regina George once said, 'stop trying to make fetch happen.'

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Tiny Hut is the kind of spell that you could make millions selling/teaching to campers and explorers. biggrin.gif Pocket invulnerability, on a piece of paper. That and the Magnificent Mansion spell are pretty impressive.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yeah, as a "Bugbears don't get to shank me while I sleep" tool, it and its big brother are just the right kind of broken.

Where it turns problematic is using it for open combat.

The Dungeon Master could play his creatures stupid and the battle is a snap for the players, or have the enemy back off and find a way to make you regret holing up, (Using tower shield teams to build their own wall around you comes to mind)

Alternatively, with spellcasters, they could start retaliating. With dispel magic for instance. Or more tiny huts of their own. But that could get out of hand pretty quickly.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 4:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 708 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

No doubt. If it was just using Tiny Hut as a battle magic, it could be countered fairly simply with a Dispel or, as you said, physical preparation. Regardless, it's still a handy way to camp, just remember that you still keep night watches. biggrin.gif I've also wondered just how far to take it, as a Dungeon Master, with regards to how much damage it can resist. Typically, I've based it on the similar wall of force spell, just that if caster level x 10 damage is done in a single round, it ruptures. That way low level chaff doesn't disturb the party, but anything big enough can break through. It'd have to have a good reason though, as anything inside is invisible.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"You can just leave my table now, please" would also be an appropriate Dungeon Master response if a player started using Tiny Hut during combat and to try to carve through dungeon walls to find secret rooms and alternate routes through the dungeon *wink*.

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Ah, only if you use the "Tiny Hut walls rip through physical objects." I usually allow the Tiny Hut to be as large as the space available, to it's maximum. The one minute for Tiny Hut is basically taken as the wizard pacing out the limits of the circle, with the people allowed inside. He can't walk through walls, so the Hut doesn't pass them, either.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 708

Yeah, it's easy enough to house rule I'd think.

I see we have positions on the map now; sweet. This is going to be total chaos! Hopefully people will listen to Velon and burn down the little ones. I really wanted to fireball the smaller ones, at least 3-4, but with everyone standing all over that wasn't really an option. I'm guessing my round 1 action will be the fireball now, which I kind of regret since I don't expect to take out the big guys quickly, I just didn't know how else to place it.

On that note, Daishain, if you're feeling generous, I'd love to move the fireball to the south wall now that I can see the positions (Left of players as they entered). If it's against the wall perhaps it can reach all three bad guys in row 70 without hitting Zarra? (I suppose that depends on what Thomas does since I'm low on initiative… ugh.).

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2018 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 708

Guys, please try to keep out of character questions in here, its what the thread is for. Attaching one to the end of a main thread post is one thing, but if the question is all you have…

Perry: Sorry, I've got that listed on my end but somehow skipped over it. You go right after Cratol, before the Naga and her spell, and your countercharm is active for the group.

Lawrance is just as effected as the rest. Being able to see through invisibility doesn't help with seeing past a swarm of semisolid critters.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Mar, 2018 - 5:26pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.