Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 73 of 948

Too be honest I'm a little frightened - Page 73 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th Feb, 2017 - 9:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

06th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
27th Feb, 2017 - 5:33pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 73

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

I was assuming her drawing her daggers was her action as drawing one is considered a free action but drawing two is an action, unless you have the duel wielded feat.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, this situation makes me wonder something. I have the spell but not the materials required yet. How do you interpret Warding Bond? If Lia casts that on Targul and for example he takes 20 damage. His damage resistance would take it to half. They would each take 5 points correct? Or would he take 5 and she take 10 because she doesn't have damage resistance? This would be a perfect situation to use it but not if she takes the full half damage. I'm just wanting to know so I can purchase the needed materials when possible.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I think my roll was low enough that even if I caught a 5 or 6, it would be a waste. I will keep it in my pocket for now. Thank you, though.

And I think Kyrroeth means if she cast it on Poljen… not Targul.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:01pm

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 73 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

No, It would be on Targul. It wouldn't help casting it on Poljen. He already has damage resistance. I thought about that at first but it would only improve your AC by 1 and make Lia take damage for that. It would grant damage resistance to Targul which could make it worthwhile if he was out beyond the gate.

Does anyone by the wall have Faerie Fire? That would be a huge help if so.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:15pm

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

It probably would have helped if I read the spell… sorry about that. I figured since he was still inside the wall…

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

No worries Paul. I've read the spell description and I'm not sure about it. I was trying to find something to help out the party tank with but that one won't work. It might help the eater of suspect mystery meat though *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:19pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 73

The spell grants resistance to all damage, reducing the damage Targul would take down to 10. And causes the caster to take an equal amount of damage that the subject actually suffered, so Lia would also take 10. This is mostly of benefit when the caster isn't likely to take much damage, you're effectively bolstering the subject's HP pool with your own.

Since you brought it up, I considered rewording the spell so the caster simply takes on half of the damage suffered by the subject, in a manner that stacks with existing resistances. But I think that Poljen is beefy enough already.

It is something to consider for the future, Poljen can still benefit from it in a fight where he's taking nonphysical damage (That spell is one of very few ways to reduce radiant, force, or psychic damage for instance). And of course Targul can benefit at any point. Having two extra tough men on the front line can only be of benefit.

But the point is moot until you can find those platinum rings.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 27th Feb, 2017 - 6:33pm

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2017 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 73

Too be honest I'm a little frightened to cast it on either of our front line tanks. I can see Lia frantically trying to dispel it before dying because they recklessly charge into a crowd of enemies *wink*.

Maybe Cratol is a good choice. At least he had the sense to come in the gate willingly.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th Feb, 2017 - 9:58pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.