Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 725 of 948

Kyrroeth, up in the well room there is a well - Page 725 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Mar, 2018 - 3:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

01st May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2018 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 725

I think there are 2 scimitars of +2, so by all means take one. Poljen will take one next time we are in a city if he can get his gem of electricity damage switched to a scimitar… they also d8, like his longsword, right? That would be a slight step up on his sword-&-board mode.

Well, before we head upstairs, we need to explore that room! Who knows what sort of loot/trouble we might find?!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2018 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cool, I'll take one then. The other items look super useful for certain characters. Daishain, does the mask provide permanent invisibility while it's on, even in combat? If so, that might be really good for any character but particularly those that benefit from the advantage it gives (Rogues for permanent sneak attack or other non-barbarian martial characters). Good for squishies who don't like being hit too.

Paul, I think Poljen should get the flying necklace thing since it's eagle feathers and because it will help him reach those pesky flying creatures. He would've loved to have that during the bridge fight! Though I'm not sure if you can be knocked out of the air like Perry can so you might have to be careful.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2018 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

This limitation of three attunement items really makes it hard to pick what to keep on a character. Add to that some items that self destruct if over used and it makes magic items pretty much a small mod to characters.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2018 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 725 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Hmm, I recall looking over several folks' character sheets awhile ago and noticed that most people don't seem to have all 3 attunement slots taken up unless I missed something. And some of the items are definitely not small mods, e.g. Velon's bracelet, Niko's/Perry's Instrument of the Bards, those Cloaks of Displacement, etc. Potentially this invisibility mask, if it works in combat, is pretty nuts too.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2018 - 9:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Well, take for example a Wand of Lightning - It has 7 charges, so it can shoot seven lightning bolts at 3rd level. Not too bad, except that if you use the last charge, there's a 5% chance of it becoming useless. So, normally I'd expect a wizard to have a backup wand of whatever to use, once he's used 6 charges - say in a large scale battle, or something - but he can't. Wands like this require attunement, which means unless he gives up an item slot, he's a one-wand-wonder. 3 just seems to be a tiny limit for items of any power level worth having. Also, as I've said before, magic in 5e is very volatile in that spells I'd normally expect to last for a duration use concentration, which limits the wizard's usefulness, as well as a single point of damage will cause a DC 10 concentration roll. This concentration issue is also needed with items that cast the spell effect, as well. Protection from Energy, Flight, etc. Are good examples where a single point has a serious chance of ruining the benefit of the magics. I could understand a Hold Person or Charm needing concentration, but an aura type spell shouldn't. Spells that have both duration and concentration are almost an oxymoron, since any duration is limited by your concentration, or you should be able to concentrate far longer than the duration. It's always struck me as strange in how 5e has gone with this regard.

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2018 - 3:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I've mentioned all you know about the magic items, you'll need to try the mask to find out.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Mar, 2018 - 3:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 725

The developers used those limits to reign in magic. In 3.5 martial characters were useless next to full casters. The attunement requirement and so many spells requiring concentration balances out the classes. I feel that all the classes are much better balanced than in the older edition. Basically it makes spell casters make tough decisions on what to attune with. It has made wizards, clerics etc weaker but it was necessary. In 3.5 a wizard, cleric etc could do pretty much everything better than martial characters. They might have gone a little too far but it is a worthy goal.

Daishain, I'm a little confused with the layout. Is there a path that Lia can use to direct the water down to the pool room with the control water spell?

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 29th Mar, 2018 - 3:31pm

Post Date: 29th Mar, 2018 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 725

Kyrroeth, up in the well room there is a well and a bucket. There is a basin into which the water goes, then flows down to the scrying pool. So you should be able to move water in the well room from the well to the basin. From there physics and gravity do the rest.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.