Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 739 of 948

Yeah, I think folks are getting confused that - Page 739 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 12th Apr, 2018 - 7:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

04th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 4:56am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 739

The key is worthless I'm afraid. It has no use save to activate a now dead magic item.

The mask is quickly identified as being other than what it appears at first, but one merchant is willing to pick it up for the gag value alone and offers 750 for it.

Kyr, if that is what you want, go ahead and set her up as you like. Level 7 half elf Assassin, normal ability point buy. I won't force my choices there on her.

She will always remain 2 levels behind where Kyr is.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 5:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I'll work on her build Daishain. Thank you. How about bringing over Rogue's Vest and Blade from 3.5? Would that be possible? I'm sure they would need a little reworking.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 6:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Alright so I think I’ve finally broken down my shopping now that we have a full tally of discounts and how much we earned. I think I’m going to go with the following items if I can:

+1 Mithral Half-Plate (Rare) - 2500 gold (2000 for a rare + 500 for mithral right?)
Homebrew sword for Perry (Rare) - 2000 gold (Surprise new item!)
Sentinel Shield (Uncommon) - 500 gold

So a total of 5000 gold minus a 10% discount so 4500 gold total. I think I got the prices right but if the more experienced folks can double check my work, then that would be much appreciated. I can rework my items to fit the proper cost if I'm wrong on anything (I.e. Buy cheaper armor). Is the sword buyable in this city or in the general area, Daishain?

Regarding spell selection, since so many folks chose Greater Invisibility, I’m taking Confusion as my new 4th level spell as it seems pretty interesting and has some fun potential. I’ve also decided that Enemies Abound is being replaced for Hold Person.

Regarding the gag mask, 750 gold is nothing split 10 ways. Can I hold onto it for potential crazy future uses? The meme value and potential shenanigans are worth way more than 75 gold per person I think.

EDIT I went back to my character creation thread and looked up the prices and it turns out I priced rares incorrectly. I updated my math accordingly.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 12th Apr, 2018 - 6:28am

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 739 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Seath, why not just buy the mask out from the group at 75 gp per person? That way the math still works, and everyone other than you is compensated for the lost sale. Invest in your shenanigans. biggrin.gif
For your information, the castle defenses/operation fund stands at 2846 GP, so if someone wants to buy something for the hardening of the castle, that's your max budget. Leave something for the staff expenses. Might I recommend we look at a militia of 20 or so?
If the cost of an uncommon item is so cheap, Lawrance would like to get A Wand of the War Mage +1 and Wand of Magic Missiles. That'd be 900gp. Dai?

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 12th Apr, 2018 - 6:16am

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 6:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

(Laugh), I'm not that attached to it. I just thought maybe it could be useful against an NPC in the future or something. Do I need to provide any gold for the castle defense fund? I should have a little over 1200 gold left if my math was right. If you let Perry buy things for the castle himself, he will just purchase a bunch of expensive cosmetic upgrades of questionable value, likely purple in color.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

No, the castle is getting an equal share for all treasure, so it is well funded. You've already contributed by sacrificing that portion.
Anron, Dai has already said that items to purchase are at a 10% discount. Use that when purchasing your crystal ball, etc.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 12th Apr, 2018 - 1:21pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 739

Thank you Gknightbc for doing all of the book keeping this time around. I'm sure everyone appreciates the extra effort as much as you know I do.

So multiple people are upgrading to +2 armor despite that +2 armor is very rare and should cost roughly 25k gold, eh? Ok, well, do business as business is being done, I say in this case. +2 very rare item at rare prices for me too, then! Book it.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2018 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 739

Yeah, I think folks are getting confused that +2 armor is considered very rare when +2 shields and +2 weapons are only rare. The bump in price from rare to very rare is pretty bonkers, but some of the effects are amazing depending on the items.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.