Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 796 of 948

The stealth was working up to a point. If - Page 796 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Jun, 2018 - 9:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

01st September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2018 - 6:52pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 796

I thought she was misty stepping away? Why the need to stand and all of that first? I thought the main advantage of teleporting here was not needing to break the grapple?

#chaos
#confusion

I do like giving the dragon lip here though, first. Go Zarra!

Reconcile Edited: Cinder on 21st Jun, 2018 - 7:03pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2018 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

So it seems like the cavalry has finally arrived on the scene. To make the best use of my turn here I just need to confirm a few things. Here's a quick run down of things in my head for the scene:

1. Zarra under fat driger
2. Velon a bit away from the trolls back towards the tunnel
3. Mari by the tunnel
4. Poljen stuck somewhere (Is he within line of sight of Perry and the others or is he down a hallway?)
5. Everyone else has just arrived via the tunnel

Does all that sound right? My idea was for Perry to cause a bit of a mess here. Daishain, is there any way to orient a 20 foot diameter sphere such that it envelops the trolls, neronvain, and maybe a stray kobold or two, in that order of priority, without hitting any friendlies? It seems like it might be possible given the layout I see in my head as long as Poljen is down a hallway. Perry has a real high initiative roll here at 21 so ideally this would happen before other players move and muck with positioning.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2018 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I am somewhat disappointed so many want to simply escape. One troll and the kobolds pretty much down, the prince has taken a fair bit of damage, and I bet a second troll is in trouble, especially if the second fireball goes off. Poljen would really like to add a green scale to his dragon scale necklace… come on! We can do this!

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2018 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 796 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Yes, everyone would be shocked to know that Poljen wants to [just hit things] until someone falls down and goes boom. I thought this was a snatch and grab mission? If the goal was to fight until everyone is good and bloody, why did we risk splitting the party and stealthing for the mask? I realize the situation can change, but I'm not sure finding out that these trolls have over 100HP each along with Neronvain and a dragon we have yet to really even touch should spur us into a bloodbath right here and now. Killing them as they exit the narrow tunnel one by one, however, Velon might be more game for, or escaping on the castle and potentially splitting the dragon and rider from the trolls, of course.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2018 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I know I know… if we had managed to actually get the mask out of the cavern before a big scrum ensued, even if there was immediate pursuit, I'd be totally behind continuing to run for it. But we're here, we've already dealt a fair bit of damage. If we can control the way they come through that tunnel, by all means. But it will only last a little bit as the dragon comes out the other way and attacks us from the other side… either way is good for me. I just hate the idea letting this dragon survive this fight when we have a decent shot at taking it out.

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 21st Jun, 2018 - 7:52pm

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2018 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think either way we end up fighting this oversized iguana. She really wants that mask.The bloodbath is just gonna be on our turf, where there happens to be a few ballistae and some dudes working for minimum wage to protect us.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2018 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 796

Velon would be ok with the teleporting away idea, as long as Lia uses Sending to tell the castle to get away ASAP first so those onboard don't all die at the hands of a dragon without us there to fight it off.

I'd be a little surprised, however, if Lia was ok with leaving the angry dragon alive to go murder all of the neighboring elven villages in her rage. Because she was so upset before and the elves were all fearing for their lives, Velon is certainly motivated to kill the dragon, the mask is just the first priority. Hopefully they can use some good tactics in the process, either way. Force cube thing could be a great way to divide an conquer in a variety of ways!

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2018 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 796

The stealth was working up to a point. If it had worked completely,we could have dealt with the consequences outside later. Since it didn't, we're on plan B - hit them until they stop moving. Anyone interested in keeping the prince alive at the end?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.