Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 799 of 948

Daishain, two questions… one of - Page 799 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Jun, 2018 - 2:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 24th Jun, 2018 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 799

Thomas, see Velon's post, if you haven't already, regarding at least one answer from a party member on staying or retreating. Perry, Mari, Lawrance and Taz are also retreating already, and Lia is on board too, I believe. She's probably hanging back a little to defend the group with that awesome cube of hers.

Zarra goes before Velon so the question still make sense if speaking in initiative order, just wanted to make sure you saw the latest if the question exists out of character, too.

Sponsored Links:
24th Jun, 2018 - 4:04pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Thanks, I'll make sure to check that out and see if perhaps I need to make an update to my actions the one can always do a retreating attack as it were.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 7:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'll roll here for her wisdom save. I assume that Lawrance will be able to dispel the charm spell. However, since Lia goes earlier in the initiative order it will not help her in time if she fails this save. I wish I had rolled a lower initiative this combat. This could turn ugly very soon.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 799 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I should note that that charm effect was not a spell, but rather one of the dragon's special lair actions.

Where Glazhael could manipulate fog and ice within and near his lair, Chuth can manipulate plants and minds.

I will let a Dispel Magic get rid of the effect, but its going to take a higher result than that.

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, could use some help properly role playing this scenario without meta knowledge. Let's assume Velon moves up the tunnel this turn, leaving any chance of being eaten by a dragon first, etc. Out for now. Can he tell something is wrong with Lia? The fact that she isn't fleeing should tell him she's acting strangely, I'd think, but he doesn't know much beyond that. If this is the scenario by my turn should I make an Insight check or something, perhaps? He may need to grapple her and run. Thanks!

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 1:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I'd argue for an Insight check with advantage because of Lia and Velon's relationship. I would assume Velon knows Lia a lot better than most people and can recognize her body language and facial cues better than most. May Sune guide you to success.

EDIT Now that I think about it more, I'm not sure it would reasonably require a check if Velon heard the dragon speak to her telling her to turn off the cube followed by Lia actually doing it. Up to the Dungeon Master as always.

Reconcile Edited: seath on 25th Jun, 2018 - 1:41pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 799

No insight check needed, its fairly obvious.

I should note that there's another issue, until Lia drops the barrier or changes it to something that creatures can pass through, Velon and Poljen are stuck outside the passage. Fortunately, she goes before the other two, so that could be fixed. Less fortunately, opening the way would preclude using it to keep keeping Chuth out. I suggest coordinating.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 25th Jun, 2018 - 1:42pm

Post Date: 25th Jun, 2018 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 799

Daishain, two questions… one of which has immediate relevance.

First, the tunnel that is currently being blocked… is it too narrow for the dragon in dragon-form to fit in?

Second, I happened to be going back looking for the names of the dragons and reread the meeting with the giants. I know they were going to speak with the ordning to decide if they would join our cause. But I don't recall if they have told us if they would join when the time comes. I bet we have that information but I don't recall where to find it. Thank you.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.