Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 9 of 948

Yikes. Cahleth really fudged that up. Sorry - Page 9 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Jan, 2017 - 8:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 948 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 9

You can hear his whistle, and if things are relatively quiet sounds associated with their fighting, but with the trees, he's well out of sight range at the moment.

Now that they're not sneaking about, Elanna and Ichi's raven can see them from above, about 500' NEE of the groups current position.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 5:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

To save me some time, I intend to have Poljen run into the trees towards the sound of fighting. If he goes 30 feet and does not see the combat, he will use Dash as his action to go 30 feet more, looking. If he still does not see it, move is over. But if he sees it, either after initial movement, or after Dashing, he will evaluate the situation before deciding to Rage or not.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 5:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

If they don't move in the meantime, it will take 8 rounds of dashing to get where you can move in to melee on the 9th, and you won't be in a position to see them until after that 4th round.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jan, 2017 - 5:34pm

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 9 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

So that is about 500 feet by my calculation. Unfortunately if he Rages, but does not either take damage or make an attack on his next turn, the Rage ends. So no Rage, just move and Dashing. If the fight is still going upon arrival, I will evaluate whether to Rage. Thank you for the clarification.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Screw it, that's too slow to be realistic as a maximum speed. I'm bringing the Run action from 3.5/Pathfinder back in. Using that option, you can move up to 3 times your speed if wearing heavy armor, and 4 times your speed if not. However, doing so sacrifices all other actions for that round, reactions included, along with any Dexterity bonus to AC. You can keep running for a number of rounds equal to your Con score (So 16 rounds in Pol's case).

So you can halve the time needed to close in, but I think the fight may be over by that time anyways.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 10th Jan, 2017 - 5:36pm

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Then I am glad my post is generic enough to still work. Movement and Dashing until the fight is in sight, then he will decide if he needs to Rage or not.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 9

Ouch. I was hoping we could stop the scout from reporting. We are about to get swarmed. We might survive this but I have the feeling that we won't have much left to help the town with.

Post Date: 10th Jan, 2017 - 8:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 9

Yikes. Cahleth really fudged that up. Sorry gang. :/

Maybe we can offer some of Targul's meat as a peace offering.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.