Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 805 of 948

If he's in the tunnel that doesn't - Page 805 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jun, 2018 - 2:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

16th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 805

Perry just told everyone in character and tried to list out some options. At this point, Perry is fairly annoyed with this iguana and isn't 100% opposed to murdering her, her boyfriend, her trolls, her golem, and, most importantly, her evil unborn spawn.

But we do need a solid plan if we plan on doing this for real. I can help plan in character. My main concern however is the number of enemies remaining. We basically aggro'd the whole dungeon at once using this method, which is just awful. One green dragon alone is a tough fight in her lair, especially with that nasty charm lair action. That's the main reason I wanted to drag her out.

However, we do have the cube to block the gas at least. If the ranged characters stay back behind there we can mitigate a lot of damage. Also, for the love of Sune please drink the poison potions if we are doing this.

Teleporting might be the better strategy just due to the difficulty of this fight. I'm kinda 50/50 on the play here. I mainly want to kill Neronbutt, (Laugh).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I forgot the golem… sorry about that. I can easily see Poljen forgetting it since it did not make it to the main battle.

We always had a fair chance of things erupting into a full battle, despite our attempt to do a loot-&-scoot stealth operation. It came pretty close, but hey, against a dragon, I'm pretty amazed we almost got out as it is. Kudos to us!

If we opt for a full team teleport, Poljen will be watching for the prince to try to interfere with the casting, ready to react and go after him.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

My gut tells me the prince is on the other side of the mudslide outside. He probably Dimension Door'd out and then used Transmute Rock (Love that spell by the way) just atop the exit. I was actually afraid of this scenario ever since Poljen got hit by this. If he was still in the tunnel, Lawrance would be able to see him with the robe of eyes.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 805 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Would we be able to hear him through all that mud and dirt? Only if he is using some form of magic. But even if he is, that's another spell he's burned, and he'd have to burn another to come back after us if we turn back to fight. So I suspect he is inside, invisible or otherwise hidden. Maybe we're close to that spot by the spyhole we managed to avoid on the way in… I would think that was much farther into the tunnel that close to the exit, but I've been wrong often enough to know it is a possibility.

EDIT: Ooh, and looky there! A critical success on the Perception… I really hope his Stealth check does not beat 24...

Reconcile Edited: PaulNelson on 26th Jun, 2018 - 2:09am

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I should remind people before they make too detailed a plan that the scroll you have is Teleportation Circle, not Teleport. It will only take you to magic circles for which you know the sigil sequence.

The scroll came with the sequence for Waterdeep. You would have been able to pick up other sigil sequences, most major cities have a circle of its own. It certainly would be usable for an escape with the mask, but it won't help you guys get an easy jump on the enemy here.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Doh! Okay, so neither Paul nor Poljen gets magic… the basic idea still stands. Send someone with the mask out while the rest of us fight… or all of us go for it together!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 805

I think even if we fight one should go with the mask. We can't afford to lose the battle and lose the mask. I'm fine with teleporting out or fightihg. The allies are mostly gone and we haven't taken much damage. The cube will help to mitigate a lot of the breath weapon damage as mentioned.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2018 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 805

If he's in the tunnel that doesn't seem too wise on his part, but stranger things have happened. I suppose I should also roll for Perry to see if he noticed which direction roughly the voice came from, since he's the one who heard it, or if he can at least tell whether it was outside vs inside.

I'll do it in this thread since I already made a post about this and would rather wait until I have something with more substance.

Regarding Teleportation Circle, at least I don't have to inspire Lawrance now if we go that route, (Laugh).

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.