Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 819 of 948

Mari will drink the poison resistance potion. - Page 819 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Jul, 2018 - 12:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

27th July 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2018 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 819

Yes, that's how I was seeing it, as well. Burn those slots, baby! Now to see how long we have before the Charge of the Blaze Brigade begins!
Oh, and his name was Geode, because he had a gemstone heart.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 6th Jul, 2018 - 2:09am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2018 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Could I get a description of how the group is approaching the lair?

Also, concerning the one now known as geode, I was under the impression he'd been asked to dig down to the lair's main chamber, but others are speaking of him draining the river entry somehow.

Which is it, and if it is the latter, how do you envision him making the attempt?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 6th Jul, 2018 - 8:15pm

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2018 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'll leave the details to Lawrance but I was picturing multiple forking irrigation canals that only get connected to the main pool after they are all dug out.

I suppose we should try to approach as stealthily as we can while detecting magic and watching for traps or other alarming enemies, right guys? Though now that we know she has bird spies and because she knows we're here it might be harder.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2018 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 819 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Geode's instructions were to dig a tunnel into the lair main chamber and then dig to cause the water entry to drain. As it is, we don't know how far he got for either.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2018 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

First, Velon will drink his anti-poison potion right before they enter, urging everyone else to do the same. Velon may ask to drink from the ewer as well, depending on how they want to use that resource.

I'm not exactly sure how we're getting through the water if the water level hasn't been lowered at all, but I believe Lia and Lawrance had ways to make that happen, the latter perhaps being busy concentration on something else currently. Velon will use an alter-self spell scroll if he's ever stuck in the water and not able to make a long swim.

More importantly, yes, I think we move in slowly with detect magic up for magical traps and the like, checking for regular traps and enemies as we go. If Lawrance gives Velon a hard time with the use of detect magic, Velon will do it himself as he has done before since we are yet again on a dangerous wizard's turf.

If we're lucky we can get out of the water, perhaps dispelling whatever wards protect it on the other end if they seem harmful, before they are upon us. At that point we could buff, send familiars ahead to scout, etc.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2018 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

So we are planning for a Telepathic Bond, a Water Breathing and then Detect magic? Dungeon Master lasts only 10 minutes and takes 10 minutes to cast, so it has to be last. That's 30 minutes before we go in.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2018 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 819

Yeah, I figure Detect Magic will be cast from just outside the lair right before we go in and be kept up as we move along. Thirty minutes is worth it for the benefits gained in my opinion.

Perry will also down his potion just before going in. He will double dip with the ewer too. Spellcasters who need to maintain concentration should get priority I think. Lawrance should drink from it too. That would give us one more charge. Does Lia need it Kyr? Remember that the ewer gives 1d8 temporary hit points so make sure to roll that.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2018 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 819

Mari will drink the poison resistance potion. Lia will drink from the ewer. What all benefits does it give besides the temporary hit points? She will cast death ward on Poljen as they enter. Lia will cast control water to form a trench to walk through for the party. She will cast warding bond on Velon after they are past the water.
Mari will be up front with Zarra I assume checking for traps etc.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.